Bait Digging ?

glennk

Following on From A piece of research done on the governments behalf by Hull University into to the effects of bait digging etc on the marine environment it is now likely that restrictions will be placed on anglers with regards to bait collection.

Through the marine Bill the Government is hoping to give the local sea fisheries Committee powers to restrict activities including bait digging. What's the betting this means a bait collecting Licence ? More money for the government.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...t_Digging-.html

This is all part of the Marine Bill and RSA Strategy. Although its finally dawning on The NFSA what they are leading us into here. I think its all a bit too late. When the countries sea anglers realise what's happening I think there will be quite a few people very unhappy with Mr Ferre.

See also :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,353.0.html

Edited by glennk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the countries sea anglers realise what's happening I think there will be quite a few people very unhappy with Mr Ferre

- The Prime Minister's Strategy Unit Consultation Leading to the 'Net Benefits' Report.

- DEFRA's subsequent consultation leading to the 'Delivering the Benefits' report.

- The EFRA committee's investigation into DEFRA's delivery of the recommendations in the Net Benefits report

- The Royal Commission on Environmental Policy consultation leading to the 'Turning the Tide' report demanding MPAs and closed areas.

- The Bradley review of Inshore Fisheries Enforcement.

- DEFRA's consultation on the Bass MLS increase

- The Marine Bill Consultation leading to the Marine Bill White Paper.

- The EU consulation leading to an EU Maritime Green Paper.

These and others have all been public consultations which have sought views on issues that will fundamentally affect UK Recreational Sea Anglers in the future (such as bag limits and licenses).

If that has led to things that anglers are only just now waking up to, and the implications of those issues, already well-shaped now, then surely much of the blame lies with those who chose to simply stick their heads in the sand, leave it to someone else, couldn't be bothered etc. thought that the world simply stays as it is, with no need to keep an eye out for changes upon the horizon and buried in government consultations, then those too are hardly blameless.

Still there's still time to play a part.

- DEFRA's Fisheries Vision 2027 - closing date 26th April

- Marine Bill White paper - closing date 8th June

- EU Maritime Green Paper - consultation period 7 - 30th June

- DEFRAs RSA Strategy - consultation period, probably 'early summer' for 12 weeks

Or shall we all leave it to Mr Ferre and kick up if we don't like what is finally delivered?

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Or shall we all leave it to Mr Ferre and kick up if we don't like what is finally delivered?

Mr Ferre is playing his ace card here. At the last minute (knowing full well no anglers will reply because they are either unaware or don't understand the process) bat the ball into the court of the anglers and say it's up to you (and just to save my head from the chopping block - Ill put it out publicly that anglers don't want a licence even though I've spent the last 2 years telling defra they do).

Not very Transparent Mr Ferre.

Following on From A piece of research done on the governments behalf by Hull University into to the effects of bait digging etc on the marine environment it is now likely that restrictions will be placed on anglers with regards to bait collection.

Through the marine Bill the Government is hoping to give the local sea fisheries Committee powers to restrict activities including bait digging. What's the betting this means a bait collecting Licence ? More money for the government.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...t_Digging-.html

This is all part of the Marine Bill and RSA Strategy. Although its finally dawning on The NFSA what they are leading us into here. I think its all a bit too late. When the countries sea anglers realise what's happening I think there will be quite a few people very unhappy with Mr Ferre.

See also :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,353.0.html

Hi glennk

The local bird watchers got bait digging banned in the local creek here,

I did not see why they should do that because the birds got a good fed after bait diggers finished.

Seems to me everybody is fighting to stop everyone else from doing what they have allways done.

To many David Attenborough programmes on tele creating to many goody two shoes type people

steve

There's a lot of bad things happening for angling at the moment Steve.

Hi glennk

I think there is alot of bad things happening for us commercial.

There are to many consultations going on it does the brain in.

It is allways easier to think the worst.

Best we all keep batting on our wickets, and lets hope all works out right in the end for everyone

steve

Hi glennk

I think there is alot of bad things happening for us commercial.

There are to many consultations going on it does the brain in.

It is allways easier to think the worst.

Best we all keep batting on our wickets, and lets hope all works out right in the end for everyone

steve

Can i second that. All we want to do is go fishing. Still while it's windy from more places than one it gives us all a chance to see what defra is trying to do.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

they have sort of done that round here with bait diggers i think they say you cant commercially dig round here without a licence which is free any way. there is even a bloke that patrols the beach sometimes watching out for commercial bait diggers. so you now have some idea how rules and quotas annoy commercial fisherman, if anglers are not happy with the rules coming in with bait digging thats only your hobby not your living but with the commercials it changes there lives and you cant say that you have always been allowed to bait dig wih out rules etc because commercial fisheren until only about 10 years were given licenses and a while before that didnt even have worrys about quotas and any major rules.