catch ten , throw back nine

Hi all

Good piece in todays Times on pages 34-35 “First catch ten fish then throw nine away”.

The article in the paper also shows full size outline of the MLS of Cod, Plaice , Sole Haddock, Herring and 80mm mesh size, it also shows a number of diagrams showing how meshs hold their shape , whether it is diamond , hexagonal or square mesh.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle1582515.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle1582516.ece

There is also a piece in the editorial on page 20

cheers

Tom

It amazes me 6.1 billion grants and we get nothing and yet generate more turnover and revenue.

What was the estimated revenue generated by RSAs ??

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Thats interesting considering the commercial posters for this site completely deny discards exist.

More than 500,000,000 white fish / yr in the North Sea and West of Scotland fisheries may have a slightly different opinion.

Guest challenge

Very good lads, if you don’t want to accept reality then bring up discards. At least commercial fishermen can actually comment on this subject on here, using actual experience of discards.

I am not slating off your means of input on the subject. So why should you define somebody’s first hand experience as being nothing more than an opinion?

our hobby is about to be radically changed for ever, it has nothing to do with the shape of meshes or the discard number regardless of what figures you want to believe.

Yet you still attack an industry that has been under attack by the same people who want to now destroy your hobby, or at least the way that so many of you have enjoyed it for generations.

But your stubbornness and blindness to see what is happening, again makes you turn to your old favourite. Discards.

keep up the good work lads, at this rate the greens will not have to pressure the government to hard to bring in new legislation, because the opposition to any radical changes to RSA practices will be to busy arguing about the shape of a mesh.

Regards.

By the way did anybody complain about the shape of meshes back in the heydays of angling?