Airgunning

Josh W

apart from airguns registered as firearms (above 12ftlb muzzle energy for rifles and above 6fllbs for air pistols) there is no registration for them as far as i know (please correct me if i'm wrong) so there is no database to check on.and there are millions of them in circulation so attempting to find them all to register them would be nigh on impossible.

It's only above 12ft/lbs air rifles that are registered. Air pistols above 6ft/lb's are totally illegal and need to be on a section 5 (a normal FAC is section 1).

Simple answer is nope there is no database, but the police can do the legwork if they really want to find the culprit.

Rob.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only above 12ft/lbs air rifles that are registered. Air pistols above 6ft/lb's are totally illegal and need to be on a section 5 (a normal FAC is section 1).

Simple answer is nope there is no database, but the police can do the legwork if they really want to find the culprit.

Rob.

oh yes forgot the above 6ftlbs air pistols fell in with fullbore pistols when they were banned(my memorys getting worse must be an age thing or possibly an alcohol thing) cheers :thumbs:

Yes there is, of a fashion. All airgun sales are now sent to a data base due to the VCR bill.

Airguns:

Air Arms S200 .22

Cometa 5

Fishing rods and reel:

Fox 2 1/2 test carp rod + Shimano Baitrunner

Shimano Beast Master 60lb test stand up rod(5 1/2ft) + Penn international 2 speed with 30lb mono

COMING SOON: Abu #6/7 and okuma fly reel.

medaley0.jpg

Freshwater PB: 31 lb carp

Saltwater PB: 49lb tuna

Yes there is, of a fashion. All airgun sales are now sent to a data base due to the VCR bill.

It doesn't help with the millions that are already in circulation however or those sold second hand or via carboot and markets.

It doesn't help with the millions that are already in circulation however or those sold second hand or via carboot and markets.

I would also be very suprised if they made it onto the new police firearms database, just too many airguns and not enough staff to do the job. And anyway you can't just go and knock on someones door cos they've got an xyz model - it's like going to all owners of blue VW golfs after an incident and asking them if it was them.

Rob.

There are a number of states in the US that have gun laws regarding permits and use of air guns as weapons. So far, in Pa which has a lot of wooded areas even in the suberbs of Phila. no one seems to care as long as you keep your activities inconspicuous.

Got a couple myself was heavily into it at one time with several pre-charged pneumatics and somewhere in the very back of the darkest recesses of my deepest cuboards I have the No excuses guide to airguning made by some dodgy southern carp angler.........Name sort of escapes me at the moment.................any clues wordbender?????? :rolleyes::D :D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Guest Ferret1959
Have a 1957 BSA Airsporter chrono'd at 11.98 ft lb. Takes rabbits out at 50 metres. Actually prefer it to my rimfire for lamping.

Bloody good shooting to kill a rabbit at 50 metres. :clap2:

30/40 is the only shot I would take when rabbiting.

I use a pre-charged Titan .177, Crossman Premiers are my preferred pellet.

56mm scope and a good night lamp without the red lense.

I have tried laser point sights but they seemed to only good at a fixed distance. :(

Got red dot sights on my air pistol but then that's only used for plinking.

Oh and the odd sparra or bluetit that comes near enough.

Naaa, only kidding.;)

It's Blackbirds. ;)

Hi ferret, A 2inch diameter target at 50 metres (rabbits head) is a reasonable shot not a good on. But I would restrict myself to 40 with a .177. 10.5 grainCrossman Premier at around 720 feet per second, the wasp 5.6 mm that I am using may only be travelling at 615 feet per second but they weigh 14.27 grains so carry much more kinetic energy to provide a clean kill with a headshot. My bsa I have fitted with a scope rail carrying a MEOPTA 6x 42. Happy shooting.