Big Chub Spotted In The Tyne

Elton

I did hear that the guy who has taken the BW stretch paid £200,000. He could have joined BWAC for about £40ish

But my good man one cannot possibly fish for salmon and only pay £40. It just not the done thing. One must deprive the local oiks of their pleasures when one can.

One shan't actually fish it, it is only there for bragging rights at my club :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your talking crap,

fisher men should be united.

most salmon anglers I know are normal decent people. (me being one of them) and many of them enjoy course fishing.

come on guys and girls don't try and divied our great sport.

fishing is fishing whatever type of fish pulls your string

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Hi Bluerinse, I for one totally agree that we should all be united.

I don't know if you are very familiar with the river fishing in the North East, I only have a passing knowledge of it, mainly because my pockets do not stretch to very expensive salmon and trout fishing typically available. In the main coarse fish (and fishermen) appear to be tolerated slightly better than a lepper in a brothel. But only slightly :)

It really is the last stand of the old school of game fishing, the sort that does not tolerate any coarse fish, or fishing. A very sad state of affairs indeed. I will be delighted if anyone can show me that this sort of attitude has largely disappeared from the rivers of the North East - but I expect that no-one will :(

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Nobody is saying Game anglers are not decent people. But a lot of them do look down on coarse fishing. I know loads of Salmon anglers in fact i'm by far the odd one out in my area.

Some old out dated views still exist in game fishing. I know of 2 clubs/associations in Northumberland that state in their rule books that all coarse fish must not be returned to the water. And in one club that includes Grayling.

The fact that a lot of clubs/associations still exclude Coarse fishing from the waters they control is proof enough. Never heard of a coarse fishing club yet that excludes game fishing or techniques. United?

Paul, If that is the case (removing coarse fish, and in particular grayling) give the EA a call at the Newcastle office.(Phil Rippon 0191 2034149)

Under it's own guidelines the EA will not sanction the removal of coarse fish from any river or steam unless it can be proven that in doing so it will benefit the river SYSTEM as a whole, and not just one section; i.e. Lord Snitchy's bit on the north Tyne.

If they are doing it during the coarse close season they should be prosecuted.

As for grayling, the EA advises that all grayling are returned as per it's Trout and Grayling Strategy document.

As for the two working together (game/coarse) I was at a meeting recently and gave out National Association of Fisheries and Angling Consultatives (NAFAC) application forms. I was horrified at the reaction of some club officials when they saw the photograph of a BARBEL on the front cover. Anyone would have thought I was holding a crucifix and a necklace of garlic out to a vampire.

I have lived in the North East for over 35 years, been Sec of the river Wear Fisheries Improvement Ass for a number of years, and I don't think I have seen any real change in attitude from the game anglers/clubs towards coarse fish, and coarse anglers, in that time.

The strange thing about the Wear is that its not money orientated, most game anglers on the river are just normal working lads, it's more a mind-set thing which could take a centaury (or more) to correct.

I suspect that money does come into the equation on the Tyne though.

A centaury sounds daft, but I have been trying for almost four decades and I'm no further forward today than in 1972. (except the coarse stocks of the Wear are a lot healthier because they are no longer removed every year)

Just to show how daft and stupid some clubs rules are, on most of the river Derwent (a Tyne tributary) anglers can't use a fixed spool 'spinning reel' That's why we see so many daft looking anglers fishing a float with nylon line on their fly reel/rod. :nonono:

Edited by wearyone

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

we allow coarse fishing, there just aren't any coarse fish apart from the odd pike and eels.

If anyone wants to re introduce them i'm quite happy to catch them.

We have a lot of coarse anglers who are also members of our club, me being one of them,

phil Hon Sec Haltwhistle and District Angling Association.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Paul, If that is the case (removing coarse fish, and in particular grayling) give the EA a call at the Newcastle office.(Phil Rippon 0191 2034149)

Under it's own guidelines the EA will not sanction the removal of coarse fish from any river or steam unless it can be proven that in doing so it will benefit the river SYSTEM as a whole, and not just one section; i.e. Lord Snitchy's bit on the north Tyne.

If they are doing it during the coarse close season they should be prosecuted.

Someone should really pass this on to the scoundrels who are knocking pike on the head down kepier farm way !!

I can visualise contracts being taken out as I type, Phil :bangin:

well you know more about those sort and they were predominatly carp anglers I recall.....glad to hear that the lakes are doing well btw, the still water match season is under full sway I guess.

It is fair to say that my club's rules (which allow for all forms of bait fishing and provide that game anglers passing through a swim are to use their reasonable endeavours not to disturb those bait fishing), may have been drafted by someone who has spent more than the odd hour waiting for a quiver tip to knock round or waiting expectantly for a float to slide under with a decent roach at the other end. But the members include one chap who has two carp lakes which he owns manages and fishes and three members of the PAC. But we're the poor anglers on the South Tyne where the salmon and sea trout fishing is rubbish.

If anyone fancies some rubbish sea trout fishing please ask!

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY