Chieftain Charters

mr motorola

Coming up to Whitby (early May) for a trip on Chieftain Charters , i did a bit of fishing with the old owners last year (and absolutely fantastic it was) , has anyone been with the new owners on their new boat this year???

It's a shame John , Michele and John (challenge) have left (have some great memories) but NEEDS MUST!!

Would like to hear your stories NEW AND OLD :boat::fishing::fish:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming up to Whitby (early May) for a trip on Chieftain Charters , i did a bit of fishing with the old owners last year (and absolutely fantastic it was) , has anyone been with the new owners on their new boat this year???

It's a shame John , Michele and John (challenge) have left (have some great memories) but NEEDS MUST!!

Would like to hear your stories NEW AND OLD :boat::fishing::fish:

Hi Carl,

The story so far: First trip was two days fishing. The first day was poor because they were in deeper water and the water clarity was bad. George steamed overnight to the Easternmost Shoal of the Dogger Bank. They fished in twenty meters of water and had a very good day.

The second trip was an eighteen hour trip and they worked the wrecks thirty to fifty miles off Whitby. They had fifty stone of fish for the day. It was a smart call on George’s behalf. I would have done the same. It’s always good policy to catch the fish off the near wrecks first.

The next trip was a thirty-six hour trip on which George fished the North West Rough. That was also a good trip. They have also had a ten- hour trip. The fishing was not so good, but only the same as all the other Whitby charter boats have been doing lately.

By the way, I didn’t get this information just from George himself. After every trip he has done, some of the anglers from the trip have popped in for a visit, and have told us how the trip went.

It seems like the year is starting as well as always for Chieftain Charters!

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Hi Carl,

The story so far: First trip was two days fishing. The first day was poor because they were in deeper water and the water clarity was bad. George steamed overnight to the Easternmost Shoal of the Dogger Bank. They fished in twenty meters of water and had a very good day.

The second trip was an eighteen hour trip and they worked the wrecks thirty to fifty miles off Whitby. They had fifty stone of fish for the day. It was a smart call on George’s behalf. I would have done the same. It’s always good policy to catch the fish off the near wrecks first.

The next trip was a thirty-six hour trip on which George fished the North West Rough. That was also a good trip. They have also had a ten- hour trip. The fishing was not so good, but only the same as all the other Whitby charter boats have been doing lately.

By the way, I didn’t get this information just from George himself. After every trip he has done, some of the anglers from the trip have popped in for a visit, and have told us how the trip went.

JB

Thanks for the update John :thumbs:

Take care

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge
Thanks for the update John :thumbs:

Take care

All the best with your fishing Carl, hope you have as much fun as I did with you lot in the short time I got to know you. Give my regards to all your gang and hope that you enjoy your fishing with the same determination as ever.

Things sound ok so far with the trips George has had think I might have to book some holidays and have a trip my-self.

All the best Carl regards.

Hi Carl,

JB

John i must say not all boats who have been doing 10 trips have not fished the same a cheiftain if cheiftain has had a bad 10hr trip that was unfortunate but please do not tar us all with the same brush as it is not the case as you can see on malcolms pitmans photo on a differnet thread which was taken yeaterday which me and malcolm were only fishing 400metres from the shore and the codling came thick and fast with fish upto 15lb.

regard

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Nice to hear Carl is about and looking forward to a bit of fishing..hope you have still got them pirks Carl..they will catch... as to you Challenge where have you been..Darlick wants a trip...I heard you saw John Dowcra..I should think JM you spend more time in bed now than fishing...was thinking about a trip down here with JB,JM,Andrew and others in July what do you think...as they say it's 40 love.

Nice to hear Carl is about and looking forward to a bit of fishing..hope you have still got them pirks Carl..they will catch... as to you Challenge where have you been..Darlick wants a trip...I heard you saw John Dowcra..I should think JM you spend more time in bed now than fishing...was thinking about a trip down here with JB,JM,Andrew and others in July what do you think...as they say it's 40 love.

Still got em mate , i'll give them a try in May :fishing1:

John i must say not all boats who have been doing 10 trips have not fished the same a cheiftain if cheiftain has had a bad 10hr trip that was unfortunate but please do not tar us all with the same brush as it is not the case as you can see on malcolms pitmans photo on a differnet thread which was taken yeaterday which me and malcolm were only fishing 400metres from the shore and the codling came thick and fast with fish upto 15lb.

regard

paul.

We all know that not every ten-hour trip results in poor catches. We all know that every fishing trip produces different results. We all know that if there is a single fish to be caught in Whitby, it will be caught on your boat. We all know you are the only skipper out of Whitby who has the skill, knowledge, and expertise to give your customers the best fishing experience of their lives, on every single trip you take. We all know you constantly bring on board prolific fish of mighty weights. How do we know all this? Because you have repeatedly told us so.

I humbly apologise. I meant that the 'Chieftain' only fished as well (or not) as the other regular charter boats, not yours.

Regards,

John Brennan (The man you have often dubbed a 'failed commercial fisherman and charter skipper'.)

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

We all know that not every ten-hour trip results in poor catches. We all know that every fishing trip produces different results. We all know that if there is a single fish to be caught in Whitby, it will be caught on your boat. We all know you are the only skipper out of Whitby who has the skill, knowledge, and expertise to give your customers the best fishing experience of their lives, on every single trip you take. We all know you constantly bring on board prolific fish of mighty weights. How do we know all this? Because you have repeatedly told us so.

I humbly apologise. I meant that the 'Chieftain' only fished as well (or not) as the other regular charter boats, not yours.

Regards,

John Brennan (The man you have often dubbed a 'failed commercial fisherman and charter skipper'.)

Jonh if you are booked litterally 7 days a week its not because of peddling bullshit its down to sheer hard work and graft like i said i was only correcting your mistake if cheiftain had a bad 10 hr trip dont tar everybody with the same brush.

regards

paul .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg