Chieftain Charters

mr motorola

Jonh if you are booked litterally 7 days a week its not because of peddling bullshit its down to sheer hard work and graft like i said i was only correcting your mistake if cheiftain had a bad 10 hr trip dont tar everybody with the same brush.

regards

paul .

Which week?

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge

Now now lads.

There could be a perfectly simple explanation to all this. It all depends what you call a good day? Or in this case what George (the new skipper of chieftain) says is a good day.

If George has just had an 18 hour trip fishing between 30 and 50 miles off then (from my own experience on chieftain) I would have said that he would have got about 10 hours in actual angling.

If he had 50 stone of good fish (and I believe that this was the case) in that 10 hour spell and then returned to do a 10 hour trip with nothing like the same results, (and other boats experiencing the same) I would of thought that he would of put the ten hour trip down as being poor.

I have had some great days sport fishing where big cod was doing his up tiding (this year) but there is no comparison in the fishing that we experienced on the off shore trips.

It was good fun and there are not many that know robin hoods bay like darlick. He has some great sport fishing under the cliffs all year round. But at the end of the day when he wanted something special he went through all the hassle that it takes to get your self to sea with us on cheiftain for three days when you are confined to a wheelchair. I assure you he didn’t come with us for the ride.

You do have some great fishing inside, it great sport if you use the right gear and its good fun fishing where you do.

But a good day on chieftain (from the angler’s conception) would often mean 2 0r 3 hundred stone of fish. That’s why they paid all the money and that’s why no other boat in the country put in as many angling hours as the chieftain did last year.

as for being booked up solid, well I only live 5 miles away from where the boat (chieftain) is moored, but last year and the year before that I often went for 22 0r 23 days before I managed to get home for a night off and it would be one night off then straight back to do the same all over again.

94 hours at sea in for two hours and away again for 70 hours with another 12 anglers was everyday accuracies. We stopped doing a lot of the ten hour trips because we preferred a few hours off to recharge our batteries. That’s what you call busy Paul.

Regards.

Now now lads.

There could be a perfectly simple explanation to all this. It all depends what you call a good day? Or in this case what George (the new skipper of chieftain) says is a good day.

If George has just had an 18 hour trip fishing between 30 and 50 miles off then (from my own experience on chieftain) I would have said that he would have got about 10 hours in actual angling.

If he had 50 stone of good fish (and I believe that this was the case) in that 10 hour spell and then returned to do a 10 hour trip with nothing like the same results, (and other boats experiencing the same) I would of thought that he would of put the ten hour trip down as being poor.

I have had some great days sport fishing where big cod was doing his up tiding (this year) but there is no comparison in the fishing that we experienced on the off shore trips.

It was good fun and there are not many that know robin hoods bay like darlick. He has some great sport fishing under the cliffs all year round. But at the end of the day when he wanted something special he went through all the hassle that it takes to get your self to sea with us on cheiftain for three days when you are confined to a wheelchair. I assure you he didn’t come with us for the ride.

You do have some great fishing inside, it great sport if you use the right gear and its good fun fishing where you do.

But a good day on chieftain (from the angler’s conception) would often mean 2 0r 3 hundred stone of fish. That’s why they paid all the money and that’s why no other boat in the country put in as many angling hours as the chieftain did last year.

as for being booked up solid, well I only live 5 miles away from where the boat (chieftain) is moored, but last year and the year before that I often went for 22 0r 23 days before I managed to get home for a night off and it would be one night off then straight back to do the same all over again.

94 hours at sea in for two hours and away again for 70 hours with another 12 anglers was everyday accuracies. We stopped doing a lot of the ten hour trips because we preferred a few hours off to recharge our batteries. That’s what you call busy Paul.

Regards.

[/quote

John you are talking to me not some unexpexted angler who may be a little nieve i did 41 days last summer without a day off i am not not going to reply to any more of this shite on this thread it is so good why is the boat in somebody elses hands.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
THIS WEEK FOR STARTERS.

Well done that man, a seven day week in and it’s only Monday? :clap2:

Paul if the chieftain was only to put in one month he would have more angling hours in that one month than you do in a year. There’s no comparison in the time that you put in last year and the time that we put in, the same as there’s no comparison in the amount of fish we caught.

I am not trying to knock your business Paul far from it. I am only trying to state something that you don’t seam to be able to accept.

You did 41 days without a day off? yes but there was 24 hours in our days at least that’s how many hours a day I got paid.

As for the reason that john sold the boat? Well you had better ask him that? But I don’t think it was because he was not making any money? Unless of course he was paying me far too much? And can you see John allowing that? :clap2::clap2:

Jonh if you are booked litterally 7 days a week its not because of peddling bullshit its down to sheer hard work and graft like i said i was only correcting your mistake if cheiftain had a bad 10 hr trip dont tar everybody with the same brush.

regards

paul .

My mistake. I was unaware that you and sheer hard work and graft had ever been introduced. I humbly apologise.

John you are talking to me not some unexpexted angler who may be a little nieve i did 41 days last summer without a day off i am not not going to reply to any more of this shite on this thread it is so good why is the boat in somebody elses hands.

As regards comparing our respective sea times, nobody in Whitby will ever believe you. Go and shake your head.

With regard to selling my business, after 38 years of nothing but ‘sheer hard work and graft’, I feel I have put my time in and am entitled to retire. I now have the opportunity and finances to pursue a few hobbies, one of which is going angling with my many friends here and throughout the rest of the world. I am sure you will wish me well in my retirement.

JB

My mistake. I was unaware that you and sheer hard work and graft had ever been introduced. I humbly apologise.

As regards comparing our respective sea times, nobody in Whitby will ever believe you. Go and shake your head.

With regard to selling my business, after 38 years of nothing but ‘sheer hard work and graft’, I feel I have put my time in and am entitled to retire. I now have the opportunity and finances to pursue a few hobbies, one of which is going angling with my many friends here and throughout the rest of the world. I am sure you will wish me well in my retirement.

JB

Hello john and michele

Congratulations on your retirement, now you can go on very nice long holidays to the far corners of the earth sampling what some of are antipodean friends regard as real rsa!! perhaps you could report back about there very strict and worthwhile conservation methods and laws that has brought about such excellent sea angling? or you could just forget about this dungheap of a country? (i would not blame you in the least mate) good luck and all the best :thumbs:

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hello john and michele

Congratulations on your retirement, now you can go on very nice long holidays to the far corners of the earth sampling what some of are antipodean friends regard as real rsa!! perhaps you could report back about there very strict and worthwhile conservation methods and laws that has brought about such excellent sea angling? or you could just forget about this dungheap of a country? (i would not blame you in the least mate) good luck and all the best :thumbs:

Hi Stavey,

Many thanks for your kind words. Michele, since she has been in the UK, has seen Whitby and as much of the North Sea as most trawler men have, but little else. So we have bought a small caravan, and after I have finished the gardening and some decorating, I intend to show her more of this beautiful country. Also, I have had many offers to go fishing locally whenever I want. (Coals to Newcastle you might think, but I have rarely had the time or opportunity to drop a line in the water while chartering over the past twelve years.) I also have several open-ended offers to go tope fishing whenever I want, from ports further south. Hopefully, sometime soon I will go salmon fishing in Scotland with Challenge, Darlick and our mutual friend Charlie when he returns from Australia. Then, towards the end of the summer, Michele and I intend to visit British Columbia, were we both have relations. My niece’s husband owns and runs a salmon charter fishing business from Campbell River on Vancouver Island, so I intend to get quite a lot of salmon fishing in. My other niece runs a fishing lodge on the Queen Charlotte Islands, so hopefully I will get a chance at a few halibut. Then onto NZ, at the end of the year. I will try to keep in touch whenever near a computer.

As for what some other countries have done for RSA, I think I know the answer already. They look upon their fish stocks as a valuable resource, instead of just paying lip service to everything, as the pathetic excuses for politicians that we have to put up with do. There are times when I feel sure that our politicians don’t even value the British people.

Anyway, enough of the soapbox stuff. Thanks again for your kind words.

Regards,

John

JB

John just what the hell are you rambling on about it is you my friend thats needs to give your head a massive shake do i care if you did 20 or 100 70 hour trips i really cant beleive the crap you are coming out with i dont have to prove anything to anybody my boats at sea practically every day for reason think about it this whole sharde is embarasing for whitby just give it a rest for once.

regards

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg