Cheap Fox bite alarms

Houseplant

if the old ones work why change ? new ones dont do anything more than register a bite just like the old ones

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

if the old ones work why change ? new ones dont do anything more than register a bite just like the old ones

no good reason :rolleyes:

i rarely spend money on tackle these days, probably just one major purchase in 5 years. bite alarms are so cheap now, i thought i'd replace my antiques

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

I haven't used these particular ones Sip but surely from a name brand like Fox they aren't going to be rubbish?

Why don't you buy some gucci realtree camo socks or something instead ? lol

Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!

I've only ever heard good things about the Fox alarms. Although more expensive, I've used Fox Str's for years and never had a problem, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've decided to update my Optonic Magnetronics (!) to something a little more up-to-date for no other reason than I feel like a change. The bottom end Fox alarms would suit my needs - any good?

I got some cheap on Ebay, they do the job. Wouldn't say they do it any better than any other brand.

Tony

I got some cheap on Ebay, they do the job. Wouldn't say they do it any better than any other brand.

I have a few Micron Ms they are great in my opinion. They've never broken down like my optonics used to the batteries last ages unless you catch loads of fish (not a problem I have :P). They also have an output for a sounder box. They don't have a power out, different colour LEDs, sensitivity or tone controls but to be honest who really actually need those?

Do you optonics have those irritating bank stick threads that mean they constantly move sideways under the slightest pressure? I resorted to tightening mine with pliers!

Rich

I use Micron M's and can definitely recommend them. I have no use for complicated buzzers. The only two things I wish were different are (1) the volume went down to silent (for adjusting bobbins) and (2) they were more difficult to turn on (they sometimes turn themselves on in my holdall - but you can buy hard plastic covers which would stop this).

Oh, and (3) - they beep when you turn them on and off (anti-theft benefit?) which means that, because the volume doesn't go down to silent, you can't help beeping when sorting out your bobbins.

Very minor faults, go for it!

PS my batteries have lasted AGES too!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The basic Fox alarms are indeed very good. However there are less expensive options available that are at least as good.

Regulars will be fed up with my repeated recommendations of the Good Fishing alarms that I've been using for years. These are ultra-reliable and British. What's more they're available post free direct from the manufacturer - just look at the prices! The GFx is £16.95 post free for an alarm with both variable tone and variable volume plus the ability to take an extension lead. These are available with a wide range of LEDs including an ultra-bright blue. And you get discounts if you buy more than one!

For instance a pair of GFx alarms will cost you £30.51 post free. A pair of cases are £7.80 if you want them. All you then need are standard 9 volt batteries.

Go to http://www.goodfishing.ltd.uk/bitealarm.html

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Do you optonics have those irritating bank stick threads that mean they constantly move sideways under the slightest pressure? I resorted to tightening mine with pliers!

yes! this would be the nearest thing to a genuine reason for getting rid of them. i got myself some stainless steel polo thingies about 15 years ago, but that didn't entirely solve the problem.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire