First the good news, then..?

gozzer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supply and demand m8. If that's what people want then fair play buisness is buisness. It's not like it's a river system is it. At the end of the day if you don't like it stay away. :rolleyes:

True mate, sad, but true.

Business is business, and angling is now business, catering for the needs of an 'instant' generation, with no thought for the future.

Carp are already spreading into rivers where they have never been seen before.

You only have to look at the situation abroad to see what can, (and in my opinion will) happen here.

Anglings biggest enemies, are the anglers themselves.

I think my signature is wrong, angling now, is all about catching, and nothing else. (Except maybe money).

As for staying away, I most certainly will. That's why I haven't named the place, although no doubt the ad' campaign will be in full swing before long.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Rabbit
Supply and demand m8. If that's what people want then fair play buisness is buisness. It's not like it's a river system is it. At the end of the day if you don't like it stay away. :rolleyes:

Its all about the ruining of what was a well established and balanced environment that can sustain a wide variety of species, such as rudd roach and tench etc. The new influx of carp will ensure they munch throught all the vegetation that these other species need to feed on and to spawn.

Thats not good business as far as I am concerned in fact its got nothing to do with business just vandalism.

If the pole weilding 'pasty' catchers want to test their match skills let them do so at the muddy holes that are devoid of everything except those 'anglers' their poles and their bulging keepnets.

Its got more in common with darts than fishing :wallbash:

Its got more in common with darts than fishing :wallbash:

Brilliant! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Tigger, the problem is that there are fewer and fewer naturally-stocked waters left for those of us who like a challenge. Finding these is becoming harder and harder.

Additionally, as has been pointed out, just about every water is stocked with carp by the management. In fact, even when they aren't, carp are illegally introduced - as happened on my Coarse Lake at Wingham. Not content with having a carp only water, some selfish members (now ex-members) of the Carp Lake transferred carp into the Coarse Lake. :boxing:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against artificially overstocked waters. They have a part to play, particularly for beginners amongst others. However, apart from predator fishing and taking youngsters to, they're not for me.

Eventually though supply and demand will get out of balance, the bubble will burst, and many of the commercials will go bust.

Mind you, the damage will by then have been done and many beautiful waters will have been ruined. :angry:

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest tigger
Brilliant! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

though supply and demand will get out of balance, the bubble will burst, and many of the commercials will go bust.

Mind you, the damage will by then have been done and many beautiful waters will have been ruined. :angry:

Yeah that's true.

Though there are still plenty of natural waters round Lancashire.

Will be interesting to see what happens to this water.used to fish a club water which was notoriously hard but had a small head of very large tench a few large perch a head of roach/rudd and after that a general mix of fish, however the match based commitee decided one year to stock it with a few thousand pasties and started using it as a match lake(this was back in the late eigties, long before "commercial" waters). It was almost comical the shoal of carp would basically circle the water, you would get afew fish and then would the bloke at the next peg and so on round the lake.This happened for about a season then slowly over the next few years fewer and fewer were caught.Eventually it returned to its previous state and now is pretty much the way it used to be with the odd decent carp added into the mix.

Basically don't panic this lake will probaly return to its former self unless asustained stocking program is put in place.

Unless conditions in the UK warm a little more and successful carp spawns become a routine thing. In that case, a smallish water without a good stock of top preds will have a good carp population for a long, long time.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

however the match based commitee decided one year to stock it with a few thousand pasties and started using it as a match lake(this was back in the late eigties, long before "commercial" waters).

A club I was a member of in the late 80's had similar plans, based on committee members having fished some proto-commercials. Difference is, they didn't have the money to buy the pasties, so they'd negotiated a deal where a breeder would exchange them for the club's specimen carp. The committee couldn't get their heads round why this proposal infuriated the club's carp anglers; after all, they'd have more carp to catch...