Save money on fishing

lutra

Why should a game license cost more? The rivers where full of salmon & trout before they got polluted. I think the polluters should pay.

I'd imagine it reflects the cost of upkeep of salmon habitats an restocking its my impression the EA put more effort into improving salmon habitats than coase fish ones but I could be wrong!

Do most salmon anglers now put the salmon back? I think its crazy to kill them when they seem to be under such pressure in the first place!

Rich

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should a game license cost more? The rivers where full of salmon & trout before they got polluted. I think the polluters should pay.

lol because you can take the fish home and eat them

"I Feel Sorry For People Who Don't Drink.

When They Wake Up In The Morning,

That's As Good As They're Going To Feel All Day".

---------- Frank Sinatra ----------

lol because you can take the fish home and eat them

Are we going to start a debate about eating coarse fish? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Where's Bob? :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Anyway the real point of me starting this was to say what a kick in teeth a £60 fine & £40 cost is to all us honest fisher people. :angry:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Why should a game license cost more?

Last year, a license to shoot pheasants cost less than a license to catch course fish and then release them.

The rivers where full of salmon & trout before they got polluted. I think the polluters should pay.

I think the government should pay, and then prosecute the polluters for messing up the river. That's why we pay income tax (and fines - lutra!!).

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

I don't think the licence fee is to high at 24.50, but I do feel having to buy an extra 24.50 for a second licence to fish a third rod a little off. Could they not sell a 3 rod licence for an extra 12.25? and also could they not have a single rod licence for those who only fish with one rod, they still exist, not everyone wants or needs a 3 rod set up. So why should they pay us much as Carp Anglers?

Looking at the glass half full, Keith Arthur is quoted as saying that you could look at it as a single rod license costs £24.50 and the EA are doing a continual 2 for 1 offer.

I concure with the sentiment alraedy expressed that compared to some leisure activies Angling is cheap, (except for all you tackle tarts perhaps) and who cares what they do with the money, cause in the early morning theres no better place to be than bankside.

Tony

Looking at the glass half full, Keith Arthur is quoted as saying that you could look at it as a single rod license costs £24.50 and the EA are doing a continual 2 for 1 offer.

I concure with the sentiment alraedy expressed that compared to some leisure activies Angling is cheap, (except for all you tackle tarts perhaps) and who cares what they do with the money, cause in the early morning theres no better place to be than bankside.

Absolutely. My dad pays over £1500 a year in golf membership, that's before endless changing of clubs hoping to take a fraction off his handicap. Bang for buck as they say stateside angling is by far and away the least expensive of all the obsessive sports/hobbies.

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

The only license I resent paying is the television license, I for one feel the EA offers me better value than the BBC. As for fines when a magistrate decides what fine to impose don't they do a means test or as they put it background reports ?.

Shaun, Still learning how to fish.

The only license I resent paying is the television license, I for one feel the EA offers me better value than the BBC. As for fines when a magistrate decides what fine to impose don't they do a means test or as they put it background reports ?.

Yes i thought they must have been peasants.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep