Transporting a P13

RobM

Could anyone give me advice on the best way to travel my P13 on the car roof I have looked at the Thurle 520-1 Kayak carrier Rack,Thurle Hull a Port (not sure if the hull will sit back flush to the upright due to the keel shape), the J bars and Upright Bars from Bournemouth Canoes.I need to carry it on edge to accomadate surboards on the rest of the roofbars.

Many thanks Rob.

I don't know what your car is, but I have just made an extension to my roof rack to carry two P13 side by side facing downwards on my Mondeo and does not overhang the sides of the car

All I did was to buy a length of box section 1 x 1 and bolt it down to an ordinary roof rack and covered it in pipe lagging as it is only held on with 4 bolts it takes on time at all to take it off

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Hi Rob,

I've got the thule hullaport for my p13 and its a great bit of kit.

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Rob,

Ur gonna get even more confused now I have the 874 THULE KAYAK CARRIER on Thule bars excellent bit of kit drove 250 miles with the yak on the roof and it didn't move a bit the rubber pads hold it very well and even have groves to expel water, hard enough to get on off from the back on my own until I fitted a bar parallel to the roof and fitted a boat guide roller on a bracket I fitted, just have to lift the front on to the roller now and push it up from the back effortless, and doesn't look bad. here's a link.

Thule 874 Kayak Carrier

I think it is worth buying a good set from the start cause if it flew off in traffic could kill or at least feck up ur yak.

All the best,

Greywulff

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

I haven't got a roof rack, or a p13, or a car for that matter but great report RobM well done

Better get on your bike then........ :rolleyes:

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

After reading ur post and this must not have registered "I need to carry it on edge to accommodate surfboards on the rest of the roof-bars" Maybe the surfboard bit just got to me and my mind wanted me to forget or something, So anyway my 874 THULE KAYAK CARRIER won't work for you, sorry dude I'll read all the post nextime .

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

I have the Thule Aero rack on my little Peugeot and I bought the J bars---they chewed the guts out of the rubber inserts on the Aero rack :wallbash:

so they don't get used anymore

mind you the yak chewed the guts out of the inserts too :wallbash:

Now I use rack pads on top of the Aero bars :angry:

perhaps you don't get what you pay for where roof racks are concerned :schmoll:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I use thule uprights and they work for me, Yak sits on it's side with roof box next to it or 2 yaks side by side or just the one on its own.

Uprights 4th ones down.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I