ACCORDING TO THE LATEST CEFAS REPORT JUVENILE COD ON THE GROUND ARE DOUBLE TO WHAT THEY WERE LAST YEAR.

big_cod

Last time i caught a (what) i call a cod was two years ago, on the ground it was twenty three. Since then during the winter every time iv'e booked it's windy, roll on this winter, lets try again.

or same mls but all to be line caught :whistling::fish:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest cefas report is saying cod are on the increase they are saying that juvernile cod this year is double to what it was last year and more than over the last 5 years things are on the up it could be a big winter in 2007 for codling.

Sounds like a good excuse to bag up on them? :wallbash:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Sounds like a good excuse to bag up on them? :wallbash:

Topics probably heading to conservation section I would think.

The cod probably have a better chance at the present time. The amount of trawlers working off our coast has decreased significantly. 10 years ago you would often see a dozen or more boats towing the ground about a mile off Whitby - running along the rock ledge as it heads in towards Saltwick. Now you often see no more than 3 or 4 boats. Catching potential of single boats hasn't increased much over that time either so they must take out less fish..

I would be interested to see ICES research when it comes out as they base their research on big fish not babies. I think they are of the opinion you could have billions of small fish in the sea but if non make it to maturity then they are of no long term value to the stock, so they measure breeding stock which last year they said had not improved at all.

Its interesting to note that catch rates for cod in this survey are around the same as that great year of 2003 :unsure: :unsure: .

This good news but what are we going to do to ensure they dont end up as discards in the annual herring fishery slaughter.

Now is the time to start planning an approach to ensure this doesnt happen again this year....just a thought.

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Guest challenge

But DEFRA say that there isn’t a problem with this fishery. It is the commercial fishermen who take part annually in this fishery that invited the research and there have been no plans (to my recollection) to stop this fishery or restrict it in any way.

The reports that most fishermen in this area are saying proves that DEFRA could probably this time be correct?

The fishery has been the same for years and the small fish are there in great numbers again this year, as reported last year by commercial fishermen, the NFFO and anglers alike.

Regards.

But DEFRA say that there isn’t a problem with this fishery. It is the commercial fishermen who take part annually in this fishery that invited the research and there have been no plans (to my recollection) to stop this fishery or restrict it in any way.

The reports that most fishermen in this area are saying proves that DEFRA could probably this time be correct?

The fishery has been the same for years and the small fish are there in great numbers again this year, as reported last year by commercial fishermen, the NFFO and anglers alike.

Regards.

I think what Fastd was trying to say Challenge, is that now there is an indication of loads of small fish on the ground it would be good if they was given a chance to turn into cod. Even you must agree that the mls for cod is when they are in their infancy. Personally i would like the oportunity to catch cod, not codling. In our dreams it would be brilliant for all if the average size of cod caught was ten pounds apposed to two.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

DEFRA are currently looking at discards along with the eu. I think rather than looking at individual fisheries like the north east coast they aim to tackle the problem wholesale. The next few years could see big changes. No boddy knows whats coming , if I was allowed a guees it would be bigger quotas but undersized fish being included.

DEFRA are currently looking at discards along with the eu. I think rather than looking at individual fisheries like the north east coast they aim to tackle the problem wholesale. The next few years could see big changes. No boddy knows whats coming , if I was allowed a guees it would be bigger quotas but undersized fish being included.

Whatever is decided it must be better than discard along with the idea that grading the catch must not happen. This could mean that more emphasis is put on the net size and structure?