Make Lures changing quicker

carl2920

Has anyone used the small clips used at the end of a leader to attach lures ? They would make changing lures quicker and may allow a lure to move around more as the clip should act like a swivel :thumbs: Anyone know what they are called ? Anyone used them ? Thanks in advance

Has anyone used the small clips used at the end of a leader to attach lures ? They would make changing lures quicker and may allow a lure to move around more as the clip should act like a swivel :thumbs: Anyone know what they are called ? Anyone used them ? Thanks in advance

I have used them them on large pike flys they are good in this instance because they remove all the fuss of re crimping the biting trace onto the hook, I cant see the point of them if you are using mono/flourocarbon as a Knot costs FA :thumbs:

PS CANT RECALL THE NAME

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

how do they work, let's be honest before we dismiss this out of hand, on a cold october morning, re tieing a fly can be tricky, how do these work carl?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

how do they work, let's be honest before we dismiss this out of hand, on a cold october morning, re tieing a fly can be tricky, how do these work carl?

Mustad quick links

Very handy for failing eye sight too.

KFF

Edited by Troller

Target fish: Anything!

can't get into the link as it needs to attach a cookie, and work wont let me. if anyone else can give me an idea I would be grateful.

Another advantage would be that your leeder isn't constantly getting shorter, which added to the hastle involved, may mean that you don't change flies when that's exactly what you should be doing.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

can't get into the link as it needs to attach a cookie, and work wont let me. if anyone else can give me an idea I would be grateful.

Another advantage would be that your leeder isn't constantly getting shorter, which added to the hastle involved, may mean that you don't change flies when that's exactly what you should be doing.

I agree, I have ordered some so will test them out and report back. They may well allow an extended time on the water as I have given up in very cold weather because my hands were to cold to tie knots.

Dave

KFF

Target fish: Anything!

I agree, I have ordered some so will test them out and report back. They may well allow an extended time on the water as I have given up in very cold weather because my hands were to cold to tie knots.

Dave

KFF

I used them some years ago, even on dry flies. They do work and are a great benifit to the the people with not so good sight.

I have used them them on large pike flys they are good in this instance because they remove all the fuss of re crimping the biting trace onto the hook, I cant see the point of them if you are using mono/flourocarbon as a Knot costs FA :thumbs:

PS CANT RECALL THE NAME

I have to concide I take good eyesight and circulation :cold: for granted they would be great for those situations. :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!