Your forecast weather on the 16th

Anderoo

I just looked at Metcheck and computer says no! It's a cracking day here at the moment but that's supposed to change tomorrow, with heavy rain until late on Saturday. If this is accurate it'll mean I have to change my plans and head to somewhere where the extra water won't matter so much, the Thames probably, and sit under a brolly all day. It was a beautiful opening day last year...

Let's hope it's wrong!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at Metcheck and computer says no! It's a cracking day here at the moment but that's supposed to change tomorrow, with heavy rain until late on Saturday. If this is accurate it'll mean I have to change my plans and head to somewhere where the extra water won't matter so much, the Thames probably, and sit under a brolly all day. It was a beautiful opening day last year...

Let's hope it's wrong!

I know. I'm thinking exactly the same thing, with a sinking heart. My wife is getting sick of me checking forecasts every half an hour, and saying how I think the rain in the next 48 hours is going to ruin my life...

It's not fair!!! I had it all planned...

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

Let's hope it's wrong!

Sunshine and showers on my met weather report....just clouding over now and expecting rain....

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Headline:

Sunshine and showers, these becoming heavy and prolonged.

Warwickshire report sounds perfect, top up the rivers tonight and tommorow and falling Satuaday Sunday.

Today:

Most places will start dry with some sunshine, but showers will develop, these becoming heavy with thunder and will merge into longer spells of rain later, especially in the north and west.

Tonight:

It will remain cloudy with further rain at times, some of this heavy and prolonged, still with a risk of thunder. It will become breezy in the north.

Thursday:

It will be a cloudy and wet morning with further rain, some of this heavy. However, some drier and brighter weather should edge northwards during the afternoon.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

It will remain unsettled with further rain or showers, though a trend to drier, sunnier conditions is likely. It will be rather cool for mid June almost everywhere.

BBC Weather Centre in association with the Met Office

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Let's hope it's wrong!

The weather forecast seems to have changed, computer says yes for Sunday at least!

Rich

The met office site gives a more positive forecast, so I'm watching that one now! Unfortunately Metcheck is usually right...

You never know, I may end up catching one of the elusive barbel that may or may not inhabit my little stream. I don't know much about barbel but I don't think a bit of extra water will bother them too much. If they exist...!

To be honest if the weather is really bad on Saturday I probably won't bother going until the evening. Sunday's looking good, thank goodness.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Saturday is looking like a bit of a washout here too, Sunday looks OK, but I have a sneaky suspicion theres a fathers day "surprise" lunch being planned for sunday, so will only get a short evening session in at best!

Mat

Mat