bass fishing

basshead07

hi all,

im fishing langstone harbour on sunday (portsmouth) brilliant tide well everything is just perfect! but last year my biggest bass was 4.8lb on ragworm which im not complaining about cause it was a cracker but there was allot more bigger bass than that so here is my thought because the tide runs very fast through this strech i was wondering if i used a dead sandeel as bait would the tide make it look real and also i need to no how to hook a sandeel as everytime i do this it falls off so help would be appriciated!

jay

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hi all,

im fishing langstone harbour on sunday (portsmouth) brilliant tide well everything is just perfect! but last year my biggest bass was 4.8lb on ragworm which im not complaining about cause it was a cracker but there was allot more bigger bass than that so here is my thought because the tide runs very fast through this strech i was wondering if i used a dead sandeel as bait would the tide make it look real and also i need to no how to hook a sandeel as everytime i do this it falls off so help would be appriciated!

jay

:clap2: I assume you're fishing from the shore as Langstone Harbour is a bass nursery area. Any bait will catch bass and luck plays an important part in catching the bigger ones. Peeler crab, shore and spider is top bait at this time of the year but squid, mackeral and pout will all catch, as will dead and live sandeel. I just hook sandeel once through the head but if you're casting it a bit of elastic keeps it on Good luck. :clap2:

thanks for that and yea off the shore i will be casting aswell so ill just buy some bait elastic

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Get yourself some hooks with an additional bard half way down the shank.

Take the point of the hook and pass it down through the head and round in a big circle until the point comes out below and behind the head. Take some elastic and whip it on the hook - don't mumify it.

Lastly - accept that it's a bait prone to work loose and that it's less than ideal for distance casting.

• 4 months later...
:clap2: I assume you're fishing from the shore as Langstone Harbour is a bass nursery area. Any bait will catch bass and luck plays an important part in catching the bigger ones. Peeler crab, shore and spider is top bait at this time of the year but squid, mackeral and pout will all catch, as will dead and live sandeel. I just hook sandeel once through the head but if you're casting it a bit of elastic keeps it on Good luck. :clap2:

Note that the use of sandeels, dead or alive, within a bass nursery area, is banned

Langstone Harbour Bass Nursery Area -

All tidal waters enclosed by a line drawn 153º true from the Gunnery Range light at Eastney point to Langstone Fairway buoy (50º 46.25N 01º 01.27W), then 033º true to the foreshore east of Gunner point.

N.B. Between 30 April and 1 November

In other areas the 'season' can vary ...

http://ukbass.com/seabassandfishery/inshorerules.html

B)

As a alternative to elastic Buy a tin of Pipe freeze spay and freeze the sand eel to your hook . this alows for a distance cast if needed,and the eel thaws in seconds of hitting the water.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!