Windows 10

Sportsman

That's funny with Cortana as my Settings state Cortana is not supported in the region and language you've selected with a clickable 'Why' which I do not fully understand when I click on it. Where do I check these settings

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?
Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and Spanish
  • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
    • Languages (this is your device language)
    • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
    • Country or region
  • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I have now installed the UK English language pack, which has become my default, but now Cortana is ' Disabled by company policy'. It is my PC and has never been a company PC. One step forward 2 steps back I feel

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Not a lot of difference to hey google by the looks of it ,it can distinguish fairly close sounding names if you dont mumble

Hopefully you wont walk in and find your laptop and pc doing the computer equivalent of this

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Halo is one of the big games I've never played.

I was playstation so never got into it.

It's not too bad, what I like most about it is the vehicles, sci-fi planes, choppers, tanks, quads, jeeps with different types of mounted guns and odd hover craft type things that can fire. im not so good on foot but I can certainly run someone over pretty well.

I played the first one on the pc in 2001 then halo:reach on the 360. not much has changed since then as its focused more on the storyline.

another good MS game is freelancer ("the game" - or you get coding websites offering services on google) 2003, it might suit your tastes a bit better id imagine. trading in different systems, missions, and fighting all online universe is massive and can take an hour or more to get from one side of galaxy to the other through various jump gates and worm holes. community is still big on it too with tons of mods. the best one being "Discovery GC" you do need to play a mod though to get on a server with lots of people to make it worth while, vanilla freelancer isnt very popular. A bit like eve online.

by Andrew Croft » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:24 am

Ive played this mulitplayer game for over 10 years and it still manages to pull in players, 75 on my favorite server just now, max 200 had to wait to get in. massive universe, loads of systems to explore and trade in as well as fight and pick up bounties.

Heres the good ship Ginger Ninja.

screen67.jpg

She's not much to look at, slow as hell, and heavy too. what she lacks in fighting agility she makes up for with 10 heavily armed turrets 2 rear firing, torpedo launcher and some heavy armor, great for those long drug runs that take up to an hour to get to a specific system.

she's but a mere work horse, being so large she can haul up to 3500 items in cargo so doing drug runs and people trafficking from one system to the next can net good profits. Need to watch out for the Navy though they dont take too kindly to illegal cargo forcing me to eject them in to space along with all my drugs and alien artifacts.

Going on to my fighter, The Haggis Hunter.

screen54.jpg

Used when I want to explore hostile territory, find new trade routes, search for high profit items. need to watch out for em nomad aliens though. not so much of a cargo ship since its only small but a good all round fighter. this one doesnt come with many gun slots but does benefit from having fighter class 10 guns the fire rate is slow but the shield and hull damage is immense just need to be crafty with those shots since the projectile speed is slow too. get a hit and its game over for your opponent.

Also outfitted with rear firing space mines for when your about to get your a**e handed to you by a bigger ship. lay a pth of these as you run for the nearest wormhole.

Game is Microsoft Freelancer with the Freelancer Discovery mod.

Random post for tonight, enjoy icon_thumbs.gif

Be warned, it is addictive.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Freelancer I played heavily when it first came out! awesome game!

im now way stuck in Elite Dangerous....played the original on my trusty Spectrum and now im hopelessly lost in the galaxy on the new version!

https://www.elitedangerous.com/

with Elite there certainly wouldn't be games like Freelancer and Eve etc...Star Citizen seems to have stalled in a big way but it might make it through development.

I usually thrash the latest COD when its released so I do love my FPS games!

just reinstalled Fallout 3 so I can get up to speed for the release of Fallout 4 later this year!

Star citizen sounds like it could be incredible but meh i dunno so much now if its going to be a game i could get into easily.

They have started selling ships already 200 frieghter type ships got sold for $2,500 each in REAL money. With figures like that i doubt id stand a chance of making any sort of progress in game.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Star citizen sounds like it could be incredible but meh i dunno so much now if its going to be a game i could get into easily.

They have started selling ships already 200 frieghter type ships got sold for $2,500 each in REAL money. With figures like that i doubt id stand a chance of making any sort of progress in game.

not sure I like this new way of creating games where you buy **** up front and invest in the final product whilst its still in development etc etc

I don't mind pre ordering a title...but investing in a game that's still a bit "flash in the pan" sticks in my craw a bit.