Boat fishing from Seahouses,Northumberland

Snatcher

Well I am one happy bunnyWe have a small sea fishing circle at work who try to wedge in a few charter trips every year. I managed to "blag" myself onto this one today. Should have been on the wrong shift but "done a deal" and managed to get on it :thumbs:

We sauntered down to the pier at about 12.30 today after work and spied our charter boat. We had a little bit leeway on the depature so on a bit insider information Phil and I took a pair of hammers to the local limpet population :headhurt: Tried a screwdriver first,it was pants.Hammer done the trick :thumbs:

Check out my workmates!!!

Motleycrew.jpg

The skipper,Alan,steamed north out of the harbour for about 45 mins and put us just south of Lindisfarne. Its rough ground so drifting is the game. Most of us set up with hokkies tipped with a mixture of worm/squid/limpet/prawn/cod liver oil tablets and WD40 - on my childrens lives!!!!!

Within seconds the first cod was on board

firstcod.jpg

A few minutes later a 6.5lb cod came in

Wonthesweep.jpg

After that the fishing went pants!!!!

As always the skipper quoted lasts weeks fantastic catches.To be fair he said that we were in the "DOLDRUMS " and that we needed some drift to catch the fish.

My mate Aidrian decided to become the wrasse expert!

UglyBugger.jpg

I am sure he caught all the wrasse on the boat.It was hard going but eventually I caught a cod

Snatchersfirst.jpg

The sun brought out the Taliban with explosives hidden in old Scarborogh type reels!!

Talibanairguitar.jpg

We had a good skipper mind. He was trying his best all day with loads of moves. Between the 12 of us I suppose we averaged about 2 keeper cod apiece. My tally was 2 cod about 3/3.5lb kept and 2 about 1.5/2lb returned.

Mind you I think the cod were preoccupied with feeding on pipefish. Got these two from the mouth of one of my keepers

Myfishcontents.jpg

The fishing on the whole was not good but the "craic" was mint. Check out a chilling out return for us

Ourreturn.jpg

On the way back in the skipper took us to a close in mackerel mark and everyone who wanted to bagged up.

chappie and cannot wait for the next one :thumbs:

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Nice one, Snatcher.

I've seen quite a few mentions of those pipefish this year.

I loved that last photo, too. :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nice one, Snatcher.

I've seen quite a few mentions of those pipefish this year.

I loved that last photo, too. :)

Its Bamurgh castle Elton.If that is what you like here are a few "scenic" ones from the trip :rolleyes:

Coquet island

CoquetIsland.jpg

The sea mist rolling in

Mistrollingin.jpg

Bamburgh castle again

Bamburghcastle.jpg

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Excellent report Snatcher, looks like a good day! I don't know what's uglier tho some of those cod or your work mates :P:D I'd have thrown a couple of them back into the sea! :D Ha ha only joking as you know I'm the jealous work mate who couldn't make it. Looking forward to the next trip with the chaps :thumbs:

nice one yet again john :thumbs: looks like you had a crackin day for it , could have been better for you on the cod front , but hey life is what you make it , i,ll see you next sat :clap2: down for a wee appetiser off :clap2::clap2: the mull head before the real event on sun with ian !!

Snatcher forgot to mention the fog just offshore, he managed to miss a couple of scenic pics with birds skimming the water, flying in formation. The skipper didn't need to use his foghorn as Snatcher had been eating beans for his breakfast, Glad the boat wasn't enclosed!!!!!!!

Snatcher forgot to mention the fog just offshore, he managed to miss a couple of scenic pics with birds skimming the water, flying in formation. The skipper didn't need to use his foghorn as Snatcher had been eating beans for his breakfast, Glad the boat wasn't enclosed!!!!!!!

What me flatulent??????????????????? never :headhurt: Have passed on the dicky reel to a mate of mine for assesment. See you on Monday Phil :thumbs:

See ya next weekend Guy for a bevvy :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair