Trolleys Which?!

Pav

The only difference between the green and orange C Tug is the graphics on the strap. Its changed form “C tug” to “Johnsons Outdoors” apart form that the same. I would how ever keep an eye on the little swivel stand it does tend to fall off. So once you have loaded the Yak on take it off and stow it in the foot well.

:clap2:

Bobboy

You are right about the stand ,found mine half way up the beach when i finished playing :rolleyes:

I've got the green C Tug and it works fine but yep the strap is poor, thought they would have redesigned this on the new version but as mentioned its just a cosmetic change. I've read on another forum about the eckla type trolley damaging a couple of Prowler BG's!

For those with strap problems have you followed the strap lacing guide. I can see how the strap wouldn't work if its not laced correctly. After the strap is threaded down underneath the buckle I pull very hard on the strap and when tension is set close the buckle. Its tight enough to the point where I can 'ping' the strap with my finger and the trolley stays put :D

http://www.c-tug.com/c-lacing.php

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I've used the eckla scupper hole trolley and it was a right pain in the ar*e when used on my elite awkward to fit in the scupper holes(the fit was just to tight) and not as particularly stable either, so I ditched it and bought a c-tug and haven't looked back since, easy to use(a benefit when your on your own), stable and fits into the forward hatch when stripped( i keep mine in a dry bag so things don't slide about inside the yak).No problems with the straps or the buckles so far the strap tightens down fine and stays tight. all in all an excellent trolley i'd recommend to anyone. :thumbs:

I've used the eckla scupper hole trolley and it was a right pain in the ar*e when used on my elite awkward to fit in the scupper holes(the fit was just to tight) and not as particularly stable either, so I ditched it and bought a c-tug and haven't looked back since, easy to use(a benefit when your on your own), stable and fits into the forward hatch when stripped( i keep mine in a dry bag so things don't slide about inside the yak).No problems with the straps or the buckles so far the strap tightens down fine and stays tight. all in all an excellent trolley i'd recommend to anyone. :thumbs:

never used the strap just one of my tie down straps that i used on the ekla. the stand seems a litttle short for my likeing so i might do a mod with a longer foot . will keep you posted :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Almost bought the C-tug after being thoroughly embarassed by my DIY effort. However i spotted the kayak trolley offered by Decathlon Sports and bought that instead.

Bloody good trolley and the wheels come off for easy storage.

I think it was £50. You'll find it on their web site.

I have had a c-tug for 10 months or so

Really good in my opinion

wheels clip on and off with ease and lock into place

Can be dissmantled very quickly

Strong

will adjust to any shape hull

plastic, will last ages

Strap is fine, trolley only came off once because I did not put it on properly

Can easily fit another strap if needed, the ones we use for strapping the kayaks on the roof but dont see the need.

Only issue is that mine is green, a nice yellow one to match kayak would be great :)

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse