WHITBY CHARTER SKIPPERS SUMMER ANGLING FESTIVAL STARTS SUNDAY 1ST JULY

big_cod

No Graham , Dave is working ha ha .

Do me a favour and send me your Address , i've got you Deadliest Catch on DVD , i'll send them down to you.

Tight Lines mate.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the first day of the festival today i will try and post todays winner up later it looks like it is going to be a bit breezy plenty of fish today on the shads and pirks and the water is clearing on every tide.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Fine, calm morning for the start of the biggest boat angling event in the north. With dozens of wrecks within a short steaming distance of the piers there will be big fish coming out every day hopefully. Good news the water is clearing again-just in time.

Looking forward to the reports Paul I wonder if this year is going to throw up a few suprises? Remember the Halibut last year? What will rising temperatures bring us this year? Conger ?

GOOD LUCK ALL

Sorry guys didnt post the results last night as we allways celibrate the 1st day of the festival ;) so it was a late night .

Yesterday saw the first day of whitby charter skippers summer festival and with light winds and fairly calm conditions it was looking like an exciting day it was a full turn out for all the association boats slack water was around 8 30 am and on the first day the local inshore wrecks would be getting fished yesterday it was quite a big tide not ideal and with the water still a little green on the 3 and 4 mile the big ones i would have thought werent going to pop there heads out i was right the 20lb plus fish are still to come but there was still some resonable size fish brought to the scales and the results are as follows.

Whitby Charter Skippers Summer Festival 2007

« on: July 01, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 Results

1st Peter Gledhil From Chesterfield 16 lb 13oz Ling Sea Otter 2

2nd Mike Bess Whitby -16lb 12oz Ling - Trot On

3rd Mathew Birley scunthorpe 16lb Ling - Trot On

Young Mike Bess a member of the Whitby sea anglers junior section took first and second in the Junior section of the festival with 2 ling, 1 of 6 pounds 7 ounces and the biggest of 12 pounds 1 ounce. Mikes Fish were caught on Paul Eddon's boat trot on.

There were also 3 double figure cod weighed in today weighing 12, 11 and 10 pounds respectively the biggest just short of 13 lb was caught on sea-otter 2.

Today's Winner Peter Gledhil From Chesterfield With His 16 lb 13oz Ling Caught On Paul Kilpatrick's Sea Otter 2.

Peter gledhill with his 16lb .

500gledhil1.jpg

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Re: Whitby Charter Skippers Summer Festival 2007

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 05:49:37 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 Results

Day 2 saw some excellent catches and a new leader. Brian Milburn from Bishop Auckland came to the scales with a big ling that went passed the 20 pounds mark, an excellent fish for so early in the festival. With the smaller tides to come next week I think there will be bigger to come.

1st Brian Milburn - Bishop Auckland Ling 20lb 7.5 oz Saxon Lady

2nd Chris Walker Pontefract Ling 14 11oz sea -otter 2

3rd chris hodgeson sheffield ling 14lb 6oz sea spray

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg