New DEFRA Ministers

Still not sure who has Fisheries, but the new DEFRA ministers are:

The Rt Hon Hilary Benn MP was appointed as Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs on 28 June 2007 (was previously David Miliband).

The full list of Goverment ministers was published by the Prime Minister's office on 29 June - and this includes the following Ministerial appointments in relation to Defra:

Minister of State - The Rt Hon the Lord Rooker

Minister of State - Phil Woolas MP

Parliamentary Under Secretary of State - Joan Ruddock MP

Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister for the South East - Jonathan Shaw MP

As Fisheries usually goes to a Junior Minister (along with a number of other responsibilities), then it's likely to be Joan Ruddock, or Jonathan Shaw.

(Ben Bradshaw has gone to the Dept of Health)

See: http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/ministers/index.htm

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

As Fisheries usually goes to a Junior Minister (along with a number of other responsibilities), then it's likely to be Joan Ruddock, or Jonathan Shaw.

Are either ardent anglers ?

(Ben Bradshaw has gone to the Dept of Health)

I hardly think that will be a great loss :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I believe that the Society of Undertakers has requested an urgent meeting with BB, to point out the importance of the service that they provide, and it's reliance on a good supply of bodies.

They are concerned that measures might be bought in to reduce the number of deaths that occur amongst those waiting for treatment, and improvements in hospital cleanliness and standards of treatment will make the maintenance of a sustainable undertaking service unviable, leading to job losses and closure of small family businesses.

A spokesman said

"We would prefer that people didn't have to die, but the reality is that a healthy turnover of people stimulates economic growth in all sectors.

Scientists working on health issues have to take a more holistic view, and balance their so-called advancement of health care and medicine, with our rights to our livelihoods. Many of us have been in this business for generations"

;)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I believe that the Society of Undertakers has requested an urgent meeting with BB, to point out the importance of the service that they provide, and it's reliance on a good supply of bodies.

They are concerned that measures might be bought in to reduce the number of deaths that occur amongst those waiting for treatment, and improvements in hospital cleanliness and standards of treatment will make the maintenance of a sustainable undertaking service unviable, leading to job losses and closure of small family businesses.

A spokesman said

"We would prefer that people didn't have to die, but the reality is that a healthy turnover of people stimulates economic growth in all sectors.

Scientists working on health issues have to take a more holistic view, and balance their so-called advancement of health care and medicine, with our rights to our livelihoods. Many of us have been in this business for generations"

;)

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

No more like that Leon I nearly choked on my coffe.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

All well and good sticking the boot in now he's gone Leon. :wallbash:

Maybe this would be a good time for you and other prominent RSA reps to reflect upon the catalogue of disasters that yourselves and the DEFRA mob have, naively / intentionally, inflicted upon this sport, whilst countless warnings have gone unheeded. :angry:

All well and good sticking the boot in now he's gone Leon. :wallbash:

Maybe this would be a good time for you and other prominent RSA reps to reflect upon the catalogue of disasters that yourselves and the DEFRA mob have, naively / intentionally, inflicted upon this sport, whilst countless warnings have gone unheeded. :angry:

:yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

I think it might just have got worse. Mr hilary benn, new minister for defra, must be the best man for the job. :yucky: Apparently he is a vegetarian, so will he know the difference between a lump of pork and beef. As he has spent time in london, i wonder if he knows the difference between a tractor and a chelsea tractor. I hope he knows the difference from the front to the tail end of a cod. :unsure:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think it might just have got worse. Mr hilary benn, new minister for defra, must be the best man for the job. :yucky: Apparently he is a vegetarian, so will he know the difference between a lump of pork and beef. As he has spent time in london, i wonder if he knows the difference between a tractor and a chelsea tractor. I hope he knows the difference from the front to the tail end of a cod. :unsure:

Are so the antis have a leader in power, as a veg eater he will be against any form of farming including egg production and milk :rolleyes: He will undoubtedly consider us lot barbarians to be eliminated :rolleyes:

Things go from bad to worst :wallbash::wallbash:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Ministers are here today gone tomorrow merchants, know everything about nothing and nothing about everything.

It is those bowler hatted, starked white collars, you know the sharp razor creased pinned strip suited power ridden cretin that really runs the show at the minstry.

Shiney black shoes that are like mirrors on table, flying paper planes into the trash can made from our well meaning letters, thinking out scams to justify their jobs and pensions, consultations spring to mind hundreds of them.

A new broom sweeps clean until the cival serants remove the bristles

steve