Please take 2 minutes

Please have a look at the petition raised by SOS vice chairman Ray Davies

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Spurs-Porbeagle/

It takes just two minutes to fill in

...and that'll be two minutes of my life wasted, No thanks. I'll carry on writng letters that seem to be making some kind of an impact. Is this what I had to stop getting folk to write letters for...

Petitions are useless - worse than useless they give folk the mistaken impression they have done something useful for conservation, whereas they have simply wasted a few minutes of their time.

The Uk government and the EU are both now talking about doing something to stop the plundering of the spurs in the west coast lochs, much better to keep up the pressure by writing letters to individual MP's MSP's MEP's etc - it is very easy to do so by using www.writetothem.com

and it gets some action!

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I agree that individual protest letters work far better than petitions and this was true even back in the days when people were photographed outside No10, handing in reams of paper full of signatures.

Petitions are easy to discredit, the signatories are almost anonymous and they don't require any acknowledgement.

By writing, someone has to reply, which means (hopefully), they will have to think about their answer.

Of course it does mean a greater deal of personal effort. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

...and that'll be two minutes of my life wasted, No thanks. I'll carry on writng letters that seem to be making some kind of an impact. Is this what I had to stop getting folk to write letters for...

Petitions are useless - worse than useless they give folk the mistaken impression they have done something useful for conservation, whereas they have simply wasted a few minutes of their time.

The Uk government and the EU are both now talking about doing something to stop the plundering of the spurs in the west coast lochs, much better to keep up the pressure by writing letters to individual MP's MSP's MEP's etc - it is very easy to do so by using www.writetothem.com

and it gets some action!

"...and that'll be two minutes of my life wasted, No thanks. I'll carry on writng letters that seem to be making some kind of an impact."

Add that to the other 7 minutes you wasted criticising people who are prepared to try any and all avenues open to them to make a difference in their sport.

Those you choose to call time wasters may in fact be the very ones who get off their computer chairs and do actual deeds to benefit anglers.

Perhaps the targets of your criticism were physically attending meetings in Edinburgh to push for an Economic Survey relating to angling in Scotland, and those who pressed for the Defra Survey on Tope Exploitation, along with those who gave up their time to go to Brussels and speak directly with Government Officers on shark issues.

Allow each person their freedom to choose how much or how little they can or will do.

The Government and the EU may indeed be talking about Spurs, so, when they get back to you, will you share it with us?

"...and that'll be two minutes of my life wasted, No thanks. I'll carry on writng letters that seem to be making some kind of an impact."

Add that to the other 7 minutes you wasted criticising people who are prepared to try any and all avenues open to them to make a difference in their sport.

Those you choose to call time wasters may in fact be the very ones who get off their computer chairs and do actual deeds to benefit anglers.

Perhaps the targets of your criticism were physically attending meetings in Edinburgh to push for an Economic Survey relating to angling in Scotland, and those who pressed for the Defra Survey on Tope Exploitation, along with those who gave up their time to go to Brussels and speak directly with Government Officers on shark issues.

Allow each person their freedom to choose how much or how little they can or will do.

The Government and the EU may indeed be talking about Spurs, so, when they get back to you, will you share it with us?

If you are being so effective doubtless you will have received similar letters.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

If you are being so effective doubtless you will have received similar letters.

Sorry Nick, just wasted another 2 minutes of my life. :wallbash: We both know that it`s a pointless exercise unless sufficient anglers sign up (hundreds of thousands not the few thousand that will bother).

I haven`t had a reply to my missives since Benboy promised me he was all for conservation. He stated that he was going to press Johny Foreigner to make massive cuts!!! Well thats one liar I won`t be hearing from again. :clap2::clap2:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

and it gets some action!

Nick

Seems like you have just wasted two minutes writing the above post

There are lots of things happening, this is just another avenue, but as you have dropped out of every RSA conservation group you have ever joined without any notification you wouldn't be aware of what is going on.

SOS is mounting pressure on the exec as shown by the statement at

http://www.save-our-sharks.org/e107_plugin...wtopic.php?1449

Also look at

http://www.save-our-sharks.org/e107_plugin...wtopic.php?1286

There is no doubt that a petition alone will achieve nothing but it all helps to keep the pressure on

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk