fame for the happy dude at last

Happy Dude

Maybe could be said that one of the main skills is learning how to improve your luck, and consistently doing that.

We have an angler up here (wont mention name) but he is a former Scottish Internationalist who looks like Father Ted :D who it could be argued that his fishing is completely based on luck (and rusty hooks) :) - he was out a few weeks back, couldnt get Mackerel for bait when fishing for Thornbacks so fished for small Whiting for bait - when doing so he ended up pulling up a Halibut!

Gilies

ps: Steve - looking to avenge that jammy Dab next year :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Les,

Any chance if you know when (and if) it will be replayed on sky sports????

Couldnt get it taped :( Was away trying to catch a few cod at amble,

Wotsinaname, Ide agree with steve on match fishing hard hard work, Bait, Rigs, Sussing out the venue is crucial, and the species of fish that your targeting(finding the most effective way of getting these species at the venue, at extreme speed) You must have unbalevable concentration also... And the luck of neptune can help :D

One of the most important things i learned at the home nations this year was attitude, Dont let what others are catching put you off, OK p[ay serious attention to what you closest anglers to you are catching, and on what gear, But always keep the head up...If the head goes down, Very often the game is lost... My most memorable day match fishing was this year in england, Where me and a lad from Newcastle area, pegged next to each other, had to battle it out right to the last 15 mins, When i pipped him near the end by a few centimetres, he almost packed away all his gear and lost al interest, i decided to keep going and whapped out a few more right on the end,

I am realy knakered after a days match fishing, cos of all the concentraition involved, and to be honest, sometimes i just cant be bothered, I just couldnt do without my pleasure fishing(usualy codding :D ) in between the match diary

Tight Lines

Shaun

shaun

just checked the sky sports website, looks like we missed the repeats, on at 2am and 7am saturday but my mate should have it "taped" onto DVD, when i get it i'll burn a copy for you if you want.

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif