Flood Warnings

Elton

I've just updated the following article with recent flood news:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/flood_risk_july_2007.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont even need to be by a river it seems! Got stranded in 3' of water (got a foot of it inside the car!)in the Volvo in London today! Car was being floated down the street at one stage!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Apparently my route out of Oxford is closed because of flooding, loads of houses near here have lost electricity and there's plenty more rain to come. Pub anyone?

This is getting crazy.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

This is getting crazy.

Never seen anything like it mate the roads were just like rivers! I drove into the deepest bit I could and wondered why the car cut out! Will I never learn!! So used to having 4wd and a high ground clearance I suppose! Cars trashed!

Felt more sorry for all the people with damage to their houses though.

Never seen anything like it mate the roads were just like rivers! I drove into the deepest bit I could and wondered why the car cut out! Will I never learn!! So used to having 4wd and a high ground clearance I suppose! Cars trashed!

Felt more sorry for all the people with damage to their houses though.

Was this around Mitcham Budgie? I remember that the 'dip' just by Colliers Wood tube station used to flood now and again, and I never saw rain like this when I lived there. Bet the tubes are in a right state, especially with the Bakerloo line strike today. Londoners, I feel for you - good luck :headhurt:

And sorry to hear about your car Budgie, what a nightmare.

EDIT: just had a look on the tube website and Colliers Wood and Tooting Broadway stations are indeed closed due to flooding, plus there are lots of other closures and disruptions. On a Friday too...

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest Jan V

You can send that rain to our country any time you want, gents. We have wildfires out West almost too many to count. Little to no rain here in our part of NC and that which used to be green is now varying shades of brown.

Budgie, sorry to hear about your car but glad you were alive and able to post.

Edited by Jan V

River Arrow and Alne in Alcester are flooded, the town center is flooded, the Avon in stratford is flooded, you have never seen anythink like it. Total wipe out

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Was this around Mitcham Budgie?

Sure was mate! I was on the way back from Pollards Hill when I got stuck.My own fault really.Dried car out as best as I can, got it running again but its rough!!Just cant get the water out of it!