HOW LUCKY CAN A WOMAN GET?

Janet

Don't always believe everything you're told....!

Janet

Blanking is often a normal day out for a mulleteer, ask Leon. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to know how you went on down the river aire, I go fishing on that river quite a lot ,theres some decent sized chubb ,trout,grayling and pike .There's barble if you fish from saltaire down river, they could even be higher up but Iv'e not heard of any being caught yet.Where abouts were you fishing?

A great posting janet, and it's nice to here such eloquent thoughts from someone who feels similar ot be about their fishing. thank you,

We were fishing on a private stretch not far from Skipton, trying to catch chub but we didn't see a single one all day. Martin caught an 8lb pike on bread crust, followed by a nice brownie, but as for chub? Not a single one, nor any signs of chub activity. He was gutted that I didn't catch, as I don't think he's ever had a day when he's been guiding and has failed to get his guest into a fish, but it wasn't for want of trying! He had me abseiling down banks, yomping through nettles, fighting through thistles and generally getting me thoroughly messed up, muddy and sweaty and far too familiar with cowpats! Not what you want to see stariing you in the face as you roll under a barbed wire fence!

Not a sign of a chub. He went back the next day and caught several chub up to 6lb on the same beat. Funny old game, isn't it?

Janet