An English(or British) constiution?

captain cojones

sorry mate and remember shes of german decent :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Assent

she is a figurehead she doesent rule anything ,the parliaments or legislature of all those countries you mention above do the ruling .on paper she does in reality she is no more than a symbol so nothing to get het up about.

the first lizzie was a real queen and i dont mean a chap standing like a teapot wearing white shoes

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has the power to kick out laws but its purely tradition as far as i know she's never used it so the Queen is distant to parliament and lawmaking and the running of the country!

It's not the powers that the Monarch has that are important, it's the powers that the constitutional Monarchy denies to others that prevent the country ever becoming a real dictatorship.

i.e members of the army, judiciary etc do not swear allegiance to 'The State' or to Thatcher, Tony Blair etc, but to the Monarch.

Any wannabee dictator has to deal with the fact that in a real crunch, the population could swarm to the defence of the Monarchy, and the wannabee could possibly lose his/her head if it all goes pear-shaped.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

It's not the powers that the Monarch has that are important, it's the powers that the constitutional Monarchy denies to others that prevent the country ever becoming a real dictatorship.

i.e members of the army, judiciary etc do not swear allegiance to 'The State' or to Thatcher, Tony Blair etc, but to the Monarch.

Any wannabee dictator has to deal with the fact that in a real crunch, the population could swarm to the defence of the Monarchy, and the wannabee could possibly lose his/her head if it all goes pear-shaped.

But we've just had two wannabee dictators Leon, Thatcher and Blair, and they didn't even get an ASBO. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

sorry mate and remember shes of german decent :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Assent

she is a figurehead she doesent rule anything ,the parliaments or legislature of all those countries you mention above do the ruling .on paper she does in reality she is no more than a symbol so nothing to get het up about.

the first lizzie was a real queen and i dont mean a chap standing like a teapot wearing white shoes

Absolutely true, I did not say she had any powers. A Head of State need does not need to wield political power.

Queen Beatrix is the Head of State of the Netherlands, but wields no political power,

Queen MARGRETHE II is the Head of State od Denmark, but ields no political power

I also posted earlier that I was neutral about the Monarch, I am neither for nor against, truth be known I have a soft spot for the Queen, she was real hot tottie when she was young, but not as pretty as her sister.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i think swearing to the monarchy is far better than swearing to a politico ,they maybe have to repeat it every four years if its the prime minister ,we havent a state so pointless swearing to that so the monarchy is the safest bet :D politico's come and go but the monarch usually is a lifetime employee (charlie 1 asside)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson