Eye Problems

deanbmw

My son just come back from fishing up the local cannal and his both eyes are swollen and itchy, some of the others hes been with have the same symptoms.

Last week his cousin came back with it as well, from the same stretch of water.

Its the first time this has happend. They have fished the water many times before and no problems.

Does any one think this should be looked at by the EA or something as it does nt seem right.

By the way its fishing its head off so the fish seem unaffected. :thumbs:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

It certainly needs more investigation, (you only get one set of eyes) whether the EA is the right place to start I'm not sure.

It could possibly be related to local vegetation or maybe something in the bait. :unsure:

or blue green algie being whipped into a spray by the reel.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

or blue green algie being whipped into a spray by the reel.

think ya mybe on too something ken just googled it and sounds very much like the symptoms.

does this need reporting to any one ?

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Blimey!! Something wrong with MY EYES now!! I read the post as " Ebay Problems" and searched all over after seeing it earlier!! Then this? :D

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

If it is blue green algae - which I'd be suprised about given the weather of late, then the EA and British Waterways need to be informed and will probably close off the water, or at least sign it as dangerous. Also what did the doctors / hospital say ? Any such incidence of multiple symptoms from the same source should be reported and investigated by the medical community. It could for example be some other form of 'pollution' or 'poisoning' of some description, that could have more serious consequences.

Rob.