Meatballs

wyeknot

On behalf of Alan's wife, Lynn, and myself I would like to thank you all for the kind words and thoughts you have posted here. It has comforted both of us to know how highly he was regarded by his fellow anglers. Those of you who met him will know that he was not someone who blew his own trumpet and so I would like to include some of your comments in my tribute to him during his cremation service on Tuesday next. Please let me know if you have anything else you would like to add.

Once again - Thanks.

Steve C.

Steve, I'd just like to add that as you mentioned in your PM Alan's honesty in weighing my Tench at Wingham is an example to us all.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

I would be honoured to add a tribute to Alan at the Fish-In next year and, if appropriate, I would also like to continue Alan's idea of a bacon sarnie and cup of tea for everyone when they arrive.

Steve C.

Have only just found this thread - and only met Alan briefly at Wingham.

But having just lost a lifelong fishing mate (Roger Standen) from cancer I empathise with your grief and dismay.

Naming a swim after Alan seems wholly appropriate to me.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I would also like to continue Alan's idea of a bacon sarnie and cup of tea for everyone when they arrive.

Many thanks indeed, Steve. I'm sure that'll go down well!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Only met Alan a couple of times but on each found him immediately likeable and easy to talk to, I share everyones thought`s and condoloncies.

Lynn, Steve and family. you are all in my prayers.

Well I have just got back from Alan's funeral and I expected to feel really down but no I am not I feel uplifted if anything it was a wonderful service conducted by Steve (Wyenot), and involved all Alan's family and friends.

In all the years I knew him I never realised he was a Doris Day fan and his final act was to bow out to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".

You know what I fancy going Fishing.

Cheers Alan each trip from now will be in a small way a celebration of your Life

Your Mate

Tony :):clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

My sympathy goes out to you.

I am not sure if I met Meatballs at last years Timsbury Grayling fish in as it was my first fish in so getting to know all 20 odd anglers in a day was difficult. I do remember one chap asking me 'are you Meatballs' and I informed him I was not.

He sounded like a true ambassador for the sport and the awareness of his disease. It certainly has stopped me in my tracks this evening and made me think.

I understand we are to have a toast to him at this years Timsbury fish-in.

My deepest condolence.

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries