Toxic spill kills fish

Angly

The river really seemed to be comming along.Amongst the quality roach I caught there were hundreds of small chublets.A few seasons would have hopefully seen these growing and giving good sport.Cant replace stuff like that overnight Im afraid.

And is anyone really shocked that the Water Authority is at fault? If so you really do need to take a look at the ACA's site-

http://www.a-c-a.org/

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first starting going fishing in my early teens (late 80s, early 90s) it was often to the Wandle in Beddington and there was a healthy head of roach, chub and even trout in there. Wasn't the best fishing but a great spot to go to cut your teeth. I am gutted for all of the people who've put in solid work over the years to clean the river up and to restock it in an attempt to restore this historic river. I'm angry that it has happened and only hope that severe penalties will be meted out. Tragic.

Some much-needed good news on the River Wandle situation: www.a-c-a.org/whatsnew

Thames Water has agreed to core fund a rehabilitation project for the river.

Anyone wanting to support the ACA, please visit www.a-c-a.org/joinhere

We can't do this without the support of our members. With your support, we could do so much more.

Best wishes to all,

Mark

Mark Lloyd

Executive Director, ACA

Some much-needed good news on the River Wandle situation: www.a-c-a.org/whatsnew

Thames Water has agreed to core fund a rehabilitation project for the river.

Anyone wanting to support the ACA, please visit www.a-c-a.org/joinhere

We can't do this without the support of our members. With your support, we could do so much more.

Best wishes to all,

Mark

Mark Lloyd

Executive Director, ACA

Top Man

Well done to Mark and the team at the ACA, Mark recently came to our branch of the PAC (region 21/89 Teesside Darington Durham) and gave a talk on the work of the ACA and made a few converts to the membership of the organisation.

I think the direction they are going in now with the leadership from Mark and his fellow workers leads me to believe that the tide is starting to turn in our (anglers) favour

Thanks for the apperance Mark and we shall spread the good word

"Theo Pike, Director of the Wandle Trust, President of the Wandle Piscators and Vice Chairman of Morden Hall Park Angling Club said:...."

You've got to wonder if he changed his name by deedpoll.

He should add a couple of middle names; Liam David would do. B)