What TomTom

Elton

i was sitting at a set of traffic lights about 200 metres from gartnavel hospital great western road , the lady in the car to my right wound down her window and asked me if i knew where the pond hotel was , i looked at her windscreen only to see a tom tom on it so i said to her, don't the sat nav tell you she said yes it says 2.5 miles , however she had been up and down the road twice for about 5 miles . the hotel she wanted was next to the hospital.

so its my belief that they ain't that accurate.

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, I've got a Garmin and we went to a place I'd never neen before. Mommy (It has been named Mommy for obvious reasons) took me street by street through the town and told me I was arriving at my destination. I looked left - and there it was!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

You do hear of the odd occasion when one goes wrong. The press love it when they send a lorry under a low bridge, or a car through a flooded ford. That said, there are millions in use every day, so the stats speak for themselves.

Pete - you said it was a lady in the car next to you. 'nuff said ;)

{ducks and runs for cover........:D}

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i was sitting at a set of traffic lights about 200 metres from gartnavel hospital great western road , the lady in the car to my right wound down her window and asked me if i knew where the pond hotel was , i looked at her windscreen only to see a tom tom on it so i said to her, don't the sat nav tell you she said yes it says 2.5 miles , however she had been up and down the road twice for about 5 miles . the hotel she wanted was next to the hospital.

so its my belief that they ain't that accurate.

They are only as accurate as the data that is put in them, I've just checked mine and it wont show the Pond hotel at all, mind you it dont show Gartnavel Hospital either.. however that is now corrected :)

Strangely enough it showed the Cash machine that is in the hospital entrance :unsure:

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Yeah, there's a lot out there, Tony....that's why I want you guys to tell me which one is best :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yeah, there's a lot out there, Tony....that's why I want you guys to tell me which one is best :D

Weve got a Garmin And its ok?

but It will blip ocassionaly You only realy Know though if you are familiar with area that you are in (if that makes sence)

I can drive around the block and it will get me home but not by the quickest route,

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

They are only as accurate as the data that is put in them, I've just checked mine and it wont show the Pond hotel at all, mind you it dont show Gartnavel Hospital either.. however that is now corrected :)

Strangely enough it showed the Cash machine that is in the hospital entrance :unsure:

mabees some wee git fae govan nicked the hospital :D

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Guest sandpipper

Hi Elton ive use a few in some of the trucks ive driven and 99% of the time there not switched on and to be honest i dont like them its only when a motorway gets shut id use one. If i was going to buy one it would be a tom tom or garmin that what most of the new trucks have in them tom toms screens always seem so small so personaly id go for the garmin, i was offerd one the other week its new and straight if you want me to i`ll ring him then let you know.

TomTom One V3 Europe Version here.

Only just started driving it has taken me to the front door of places that I have never been to with no real problems. If you miss a turn it will sort out a new route for you very quickly indeed.

Has map share and speed camera alerts which come in handy lol. If it does send you down a road that you are not ment to go down you can also fix this so it doesnt happen again.

Edited by J.K

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg