tangled lures

dapper64

Has anybody got any good tips on how I can stop my spinners and plugs getting tangled and knotted together ?,I have got probably about 60 of various sizes ,at the moment they in a plastic tackle box but they just end up with all the hooks and rings knotted together.

You should see my tackle box. Also the scraping of the hooks quickly takes away the finish on the lures. Ive tried looking for some treble hook plugs that ive seen in tv fishermen eg mick brown/matt hayes tackle boxes, but cant find any anywhere.

Anyone know of any places that these are sold?

Dapper64 - You probably need a different style of box with trays that allow one lure per section for the hard baits and hanging racks for spinners. No idea about UK sources but both BassPro and Cabelas in the States have a huge selection of the sort you need.

Benhben - do a google search for treble hook guards uk and you will find quite a few UK sources.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Get your self some treble guards

Moulded plastic hook guards that slip over your trebles and protect the hook and yourself from any damage

Middy, Fox and I believe Drennan all sell them as do a number of smaller unbranded outfits so most tackle shops will have them or be able to get them for you

Get your self some treble guards

Moulded plastic hook guards that slip over your trebles and protect the hook and yourself from any damage

Middy, Fox and I believe Drennan all sell them as do a number of smaller unbranded outfits so most tackle shops will have them or be able to get them for you

Mmmm, don't forget to remove them before fishing!

A black builders bucket, with holes drilled around the rim, is a very practical lure carrier. Holes placed about 1 1/2 inches apart, wide enough for a hook to go through, makes a very useful bit of kit.

Has anybody got any good tips on how I can stop my spinners and plugs getting tangled and knotted together ?,I have got probably about 60 of various sizes ,at the moment they in a plastic tackle box but they just end up with all the hooks and rings knotted together.

I use wine corks, you can cut them in half to maximise usage and its a cheap way to keep lures from tangling. I also nip the barbs on all my lures for peace of mind that there is easy extraction of the lure, barbed hooks can be a pain to remove from an eager predator.

As said get a few hook bonnets for carrying a few in a bag/pockets or get a proper lure carrying system.As Peter says a bucket does the job well enough and helps stop your lures becoming water damaged.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!