Which Camera

happymondays

Hi Barry

you can get those Aqua Pacs for compact camera's and anything else too Key's, Mobile I use one for my Mobile and Camera and the best thing is they float too. They come in different sizes.

Thanks for that happymondays, i will have a look. Off topic, don't take me mobile afloat on a charter, i hate it when the guys are busy on the phone rather than catching. Ist question have you caught anything, second, where are you. Floating keys sounds a good one. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that happymondays, i will have a look. Off topic, don't take me mobile afloat on a charter, i hate it when the guys are busy on the phone rather than catching. Ist question have you caught anything, second, where are you. Floating keys sounds a good one. :)

Barry Im all fresh water at moment and I fish from a Kayak both sea and fresh, but I have had some cracking days on the yak its good fun.

Im in sunny Lancashire till spring then I should hopefully be moving back down to the channel island's. :)

Thanks Peter going to give this one some thought, Just another quick question what kind of lens should I look for? what is the difference to choosing a Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM at £127

to a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM at £860

What does the F value relate to, sorry but its all pretty new to me I'm used to just point and click but I want to get into this properly and if your going to pay for it do it once and do it right has always been my philosophy. As always I'm grateful of your help.

Two lenses cover a lot of distance HM, I have the standard 18-70 F3.5 DX Nikkor which is a superb lens, & the 80-200 F2.8 ED Nikkor which is an old lens but has great glass quality. those two lenses cover a range from 18-200mm which gives you a lot of flexibility in your shots. To get you started though go with a lens in the 18-70 range.

What lens you choose will be governed by the make of your camera & the depth of your pocket!!

Unfortunately, the cost of a lens can mostly be gauged by its quality, & high quality lenses carry a high price. Bear in mind HM, Quality lenses have a long life & if you stay with your preferred make of camera you only need to buy bodies in the future.

The F value on the lens refers to its max aperture, ie how wide it will open. The lower the F number the wider it goes & the faster the lens is. The speed is important because it allows you a greater use of light values at the time of your shot, plus it gives you greater range with shutter speeds.

Hope thats of some help to you HM I'm not sure I've explained it very well, but one very important point is that if you get a great camera body from whichever manufacture & fit a poor quality lens to it, it will only perform to the level of the lens which would be a great waste of your money. The lens is that important.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Thanks Peter that's good to know about carrying the Len's over to another camera and thanks for explaining thing's much appreciated,

Scott.....

Barry Im all fresh water at moment and I fish from a Kayak both sea and fresh, but I have had some cracking days on the yak its good fun.

Im in sunny Lancashire till spring then I should hopefully be moving back down to the channel island's. :)

I know it's off topic but good luck to you. I do fancy the yak, crack.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

i can attest that the D80 is a great camera as well. i bought it more as something to learn over the years before small people start arriving in my life so that i can properly capture the magic moments. The D40 is also rated very highly. Most people will also say that a poor body and good lenses work much better than a great body and cheaper lenses.

i have probably had about 2000 shutter ops on my d80 so far and only really have 2 pics that i really like. and i have my own problems with both. most importantly go and have a play in jessops or the like if you can. when i got mine (12 months ago as it happens) the canon 400d had just appeared and i was torn. after holding both in my hands the nikon was always going to win. it was heavier, clunkier and less plasticy, the viewfinder was better etc etc. the Nikon d80 and the new Canon 40d probably have more in common with the canon slightly more expensive.

a great little lens that i cant reccommend enough is the 50mm f1.8 nikon. really sharp and gives a lovely "boke(h)". i tihnk mine cost me only about £70

www.slrgear.com is also a great resource for lens reviews from actual tests and customer reviews.

i was also fortunate enough to own a Sigma 150mm EX DG APO f2.8 for a few months. bought it for £300 posted on fleabay and sold it for £320 posted when i realised i needed somethin g abit more practical for my budget! a fantastic lens with a close focus DOF of about 1-1.5mm and alarmingly sharp.

shame i still cant take enough decent pics to warrant the spend!

The F value on the lens refers to its max aperture, ie how wide it will open. The lower the F number the wider it goes & the faster the lens is. The speed is important because it allows you a greater use of light values at the time of your shot, plus it gives you greater range with shutter speeds.

To add to what Peter has said.... The wider the aperture (smaller number), the narrower the depth of field (DoF), which means that only a very narrow band will be in sharp focus and things closer to you or further away will become progressively more blurred. This might sound like a limitation, but it's very good for isolating the main subject by throwing everything else out of focus. At the other end of the scale, the smaller the aperture (larger number), the wider the DoF, so that almost everything will be in focus especially with a wide-angle-to-short-telephoto zoom lens which normally start off at f4 or thereabouts.

If you want to experience a truly small DoF, buy yourself a 50mm f1.8 lens as I'm in the process of doing....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Thanks John and Darren for the replies,

I think a trip to the shop's and have a look at some camera's would be a good start,

Best Regards Scott...

Nikon D80 (or D40x) and a selection of lenses. Buy the Nikon body-only and then buy Sigma lenses, they're cheaper but just as good :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 2 weeks later...
Nikon D80 (or D40x) and a selection of lenses. Buy the Nikon body-only and then buy Sigma lenses, they're cheaper but just as good :thumbs:

I use a Nikon D70 at work and I'm not at all happy with it. No matter how much I try to tweak it, every picture has a slight khaki/yellow tinge that is very difficult to correct properly in Photoshop. By way of contrast, the non-SLR Nikon Coolpix 5700 produces much more natural colours. I would much rather use it all the time, but I need a 10 - 20mm lens, which rules it out.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.