live bait

***Simon***

***Simon***:

doubt if i'll be cutting the tail off any live fish.

Quite right - in the context of bass livebaits (which is what the original question was about) it is totally unneccessary.

Nobody amongst the wide circle that I fish with inflicts cuts on live baits for bass, so who the sanctimonious self-righteous diatribes are aimed at is a mystery to me.

How the Americans fish for sharks is their business, and I won't comment on that.

As for "providing fuel for antis" well, history has shown that appeasement never works. These folk want to stop ALL fishing - even with sweet corn.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***Simon***:

anyone got any tips on livebaiting small pouting or joeys?

Let's start the thread again :D:D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Is the fact that a live bait is attached to a line not enought to alert the bass to its availablity. I presume they dont need the handicap inflicted as earlier hinted Or do they ??

Another point why do so many people react so predictably to this conversation ?? Ie. references to sweetcorn and antis. I personally livebait occasionally - I can understand why some people would disagree with this. But the thought of making the livebait "more attractive" as hinted smacks of something I disagree with entirely and frankly I would be very sad to see.

If anybody wishes to contest my opinion please feel free but please ADDRESS the real issue , dont patronise us with a load of antis/sweetcorn style irrelevance Ie. do we respect fish or not ?????

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Guest conger tamer

***Simon***:

anyone got any tips on livebaiting small pouting or joeys?

is this guy for real???

What's all this about sweetcorn? I only implied that would be the most non-controversial bait! If you read the whole thread you would see the second post was my advice on how to fish a live pouting for bass which was an answer to the original question. Sorry if I sent it all off the rails. To quote a friend of mine on the other forum "why did I bother... :( "

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

As i do not take fish home for food, less than 1%

get dispatched, they go back. I might fish for bait

as big fish eat little fish.

Some of you take delight in bagging up with mac's

i will take 2 or 3 for bait and fish on for the big

boy.

The big boy will go back!

1509tarpon_75_.gif

I actually think it crual to put size 12 hooks into a sweet corn, how would you like it done to you.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!