Lower Itchen Fish-in

seph

Just to let you know Asda has been revamped, where you used to go upstairs to get your food its now been moved. as you walk in look to your left where the tills are behined the cigerette kiosk.

It was there last year, so I guess you missed that one

thanks anyway :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Into next week and the unsettled theme continues with still a small threat of a very potent storm across the UK next weekend (Mothers Day).

More on this during the week, however just one to keep an eye on.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Ah! Fishing for Grayling to the sound of crashing trees!

Been there, done that!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Ah! Fishing for Grayling to the sound of crashing trees!

Been there, done that!

Remember it well - tree fell in Dave Tipping's swim shortly after he'd vacated it!!! :o

I hear a group of coarse anglers were caught on the fly only section last Sunday at LIF and were banned from the fishery - so be careful you fish the right areas next week!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Remember it well - tree fell in Dave Tipping's swim shortly after he'd vacated it!!! :o

I hear a group of coarse anglers were caught on the fly only section last Sunday at LIF and were banned from the fishery - so be careful you fish the right areas next week!

C.

Hahaha I remember that!

How clearly are the trout/coarse bits marked? What would you suggest for bait, I was planning maggots and a tin of corn...

Rich

I was thinking the same Richard, I think I'll take some bread too. I think Jigotai did well with bread and mash last time, plus I might have a go for one of the chub.

Really looking forward to this! It'll be great to be fishing the stick and pin again. A bit presumptuous maybe, but I'd really like a 2lber. My currest biggest grayling is 1lb 10oz from the last soaking at Timsbury. That was on bread.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've always found bread to be a troot magnet!! I usually go to LIF armed with at least 3 pts of maggots and a tin of corn - and often come home with the corn unused!!!

IIRC the limits are pretty clear. The 'fly only section' is from the bottom of Howards Run - where the river splits in two - to the sign at the top of the coarse section - on the bend by the 'new' bridge which is above the now no longer there Sloe Bridge.

Bottom of Howards Run; 50 57 17.94 N, 01 20 15.79W

Top of Coarse section; 50 56 55.72N, 01 20 36.00 W

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

You don't have a reference for where we turned off the road last time? I can't work out where those locations are relative to where we were fishing.

Edit: I've just seen Leon's Google Earth link, now I know where everything is; I lost a cracking grayling in that swim last time!

Edited by Steve Walker

Thats a shame.The main problem with organising the fish ins on a Sunday.

Yeah, but our one is on the Saturday, Budgie :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE