Bass MLS debate in Parliament

Leon Roskilly

The Fisheries Minister's decision not to increase the mls on bass was challenged in an ajournment debate in Parliament on Thursday 22 November.

The televised debate can be watched from the video archives here:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/VideoPla...Ng==&rel=ok

The written Hansard Record should be available tomorrow.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The Fisheries Minister's decision not to increase the mls on bass was challenged in an ajournment debate in Parliament on Thursday 22 November.

The televised debate can be watched from the video archives here:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/VideoPla...Ng==&rel=ok

The written Hansard Record should be available tomorrow.

Wow, thanks for that link Leon, the only black hole i saw in the whole of that debate was when J Shaw spoke about the fix to increase the size of the bass. It was missing, ziltch, nothing. Look forward to the record to enable comments to be left. Mr Shaw confirmed that he had indeed received many emails regarding his decision. He said he would work with what i assume to be the senders transparently, funny that, it was not the impression when i was given the brush off.

I understand he and others will be meeting the rsa, is that correct? If so would someone kindly show him the evidance of the size of the inshore bass stock that we used to have as he also made a point that the majority was under 40cm. Again, is this the stock that he saw as sustainable and this is what the likes of M Salter so vermantly wants to see increased in size and value for all.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I understand he and others will be meeting the rsa, is that correct?

Yes next week.

If so would someone kindly show him the evidance of the size of the inshore bass stock that we used to have as he also made a point that the majority was under 40cm. Again, is this the stock that he saw as sustainable and this is what the likes of M Salter so vermantly wants to see increased in size and value for all.

At the last meeting he was given a life size poster showing the different sizes of bass at 36cm, 45cm and 55cm.

At 36cm we are clearly talking about eating babies!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Yes next week.

At the last meeting he was given a life size poster showing the different sizes of bass at 36cm, 45cm and 55cm.

At 36cm we are clearly talking about eating babies!

I was refering to the scan article bigger bass, betters days. Can he sign something to acknowledge that he has seen that one as he is of the opinion that all bass in shore have always been 40mm or less. :) That is the crux of his argument.

I was suprised by the weight value between 36 and 40, double in weight?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Its a secret :wallbash:

Seems they will be talking about bass :D

What I find disturbing is the inconsistency in the change over from BB to Shaw. It would appear from the debate he was veering well away from the party line when making his decision not to increase the bass mls.

Maybe his decision has kicked some life back into the whole marine bill debate.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

More secrecy.. This is all getting a bit too regular, this keep everyone in the dark untill Ive been and told the government what anglers really want. Why the secrecy ?

On another note I'm not quite sure why your all still on about bass - youve been stitched up, your bass mls is out the window, your Golden mile is but a joke in many quarters. Wake up and smell the coffee, all your gonna get is some protection for a species you dont even fish for.

More secrecy.. This is all getting a bit too regular, this keep everyone in the dark untill Ive been and told the government what anglers really want. Why the secrecy ?

On another note I'm not quite sure why your all still on about bass - youve been stitched up, your bass mls is out the window, your Golden mile is but a joke in many quarters. Wake up and smell the coffee, all your gonna get is some protection for a species you dont even fish for.

Hi Glenn

I cannot see where the secrecy comes in or keeping anyone in the dark.

And if you had watched the video I think you will see the bass mls is far from dead. As previously stated I had certain reservations about the bass plan but supported it.

When Shaw did his about turn I was straight onto my local Labour MP and she replied the same day stating that she was bitterly disappointed with Shaw's decision.

Shaw took a rough ride and he obviously knows little or nothing about the marine environment, on top of which it would appear he was sucked in by the commercial sector.

If your worried about secrecy I would suggest the ones to worry about are the commercials not fellow RSAs.

I prefer to go with the saying " I will fight until they nail the lid on" rather than giving up whilst sniffing coffee. :D

We have a lot of good people on our side, our lobby is building in strength and people are beginning to despise the way the commercial sector dish out false information.

I suspect Shaw is wondering what hit him and why he was so easily mislead. I would also think certain elements within DEFRA will be smarting as well for failing to keep their new minister up to speed.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist