For crying out loud 2

Peter M

What happens if you mention the Rugby? :P

We tend to talk about cricket ;)

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come out to Oz and you will be called a Pommy bastard if you are liked! If you are not liked you will be called a Pommy bastard.

Never been to Oz, but I've worked with a few of the natives, who were travelling this way.

Been called that on the good days, often worse on the bad ones. :rolleyes:

But give as good as you get, and nobody takes offence. Same with most nationalities, and religions.

It's usually someone who is not involved that takes offence, and causes the trouble.

I used to work with a black guy, born here, his parents moved from the W Indies after the war.

We had some 'real' slanging matches over the years, and laughed about it after.

Then someone from our office heard us, and I was called in for a warning!

When my mate heard, he marched up to the office and threatened to quit over it, unless the warning was rescinded. He was more embarrassed and angry about it than I was.

It seems that some people are so 'anally retentive', that they get upset regardless of the circumstances.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I still want my old world back!!

Does this help?

The word bitch is sometimes used casually among hip-hop artists and followers of the culture. The term is typically used to describe a young female regardless of personality or looks. Often it is a directly negative and violent condemnation of character (referring sometimes to males as well, but especially directed at females). When used, it is sometimes meant in a more ambiguous sense, though usually it denotes ownership, therefore reinforcing cultural norms of the word as negative, especially towards the feminine. This is similar to previous feminist attempts to identify it as an epithet for a strong, self-reliant woman.[3][4][5] However it should be noted that the term was used during slavery in the Americas as a term for a female slave.[citation needed]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I still want my old world back!!

Does this help?

Not really. It's just a selective quote from Wikipedia .

Here's a more appropriate selection from the same entry:-

It is also frequently used as an offensive term for a woman, taken to mean that she is malicious, spiteful, domineering, intrusive, or unpleasant. This second meaning has been in use since around 1400. ......................................................................

..........................................Sometime during the late 1990s or early 2000s, the term "bitch" became more and more accepted and less offensive, and is now very rarely censored on television broadcasts or otherwise.

The world moves on Kleinboet.

Never been to Oz, but I've worked with a few of the natives, who were travelling this way.

Been called that on the good days, often worse on the bad ones. :rolleyes:

But give as good as you get, and nobody takes offence. Same with most nationalities, and religions.

It's usually someone who is not involved that takes offence, and causes the trouble.

I used to work with a black guy, born here, his parents moved from the W Indies after the war.

We had some 'real' slanging matches over the years, and laughed about it after.

Then someone from our office heard us, and I was called in for a warning!

When my mate heard, he marched up to the office and threatened to quit over it, unless the warning was rescinded. He was more embarrassed and angry about it than I was.

It seems that some people are so 'anally retentive', that they get upset regardless of the circumstances.

John.

I believe they call it stabbing you in the back :rolleyes::angry::lol:

Personally, I think it's hilarious that a self proclaimed adoptive Welshman should get prosecuted for making an anti-English verbal attack on someone. The fact that the recipient turns out to be Welsh is the icing on the cake.

Certainly has a twist in the tale :lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ayjay - I think I can throw your own words back at you! Your statement about a "selective" wikepedia insert - If you would take the trouble to read WHOLE posting, which is giving the impression that it is only used in one instant. I, as the world, have moved on - thus the posting to show it!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription