Bait Boats

Chris Plumb

I thought that 'Trisha' was a carp.

At least Budgie keeps TV watching to his house, and not his bivvy.

Glad to see that you are still alive, Tel, I think that we actually missed you!!

'Why is carp fishing being discussed on an angling website?' Classic!!!!! Come on Tel, even you have got to laugh at that one!

By the way, do you like my signature picture? One of Mr Crabtree's immortal pictures. Don't think that he ever did one of a carp puddle. Neither a bivvy nor a bite alarm in sight, real angling. Broads and dykes with piles, what more could a real fish hunter want?

Edited by Peter Waller

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A most poingnent observation Colin ;) I was always lend to believe though that many years ago carp fishing was part of angling! They actually used to strike at bites,set their own hook,use natural baits (or ones they made them selves) and actually used to stay awake during the entire thing! Honest! :rolleyes:

lol

Neither a bivvy nor a bite alarm in sight...

And they think Realtree is a recent progression, eh? :rolleyes:

Still using ye olde traditional electronic fishfinder, Peter? You purist, you. :P

Newt, I trust yourself and the Lady Jan are in the veryrudest of health.

Right, I'm out in the morning for a bit of 'never mind the weather' piking, and I've got a few traces to twiddle. Laters, taters. :thumbs:

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Well, at least at your advanced age twiddling your traces isn't likely to cause hairy palms.

Herself and I are doing well.

As an aside, some document fragments I have managed to nearly assemble lead me to believe that when Mr. A.G. Bell first tried his talking machine, he actually said, "Oh Peter, please come and help me adjust this infernal fish finder gadget".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President