Quiver tip and tactics

basshead07

Hi all im looking for a new quivertip to do a bit of river rishing for chub roach perch theres meant to be a few trout caught on the same methods and barbel but i dont no where to start. first of all is it a quiver tip that i want for river fishing? i thought it was but im not sure. secondly which one is best value for money i found one on ebay for 16 pounds john wilson prime 10ft quiver tip with 2 extra tips which sounded good to me but i dont no whether it would be. thirdly i need tactics ive heard maggots worm and hemp in a feeder with probly a maggot worm combo is good but i have no idea can you help me ?

tight lines jay

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Hello jay

i think your best bet is too buy a float and feeder rod. The float tip piece isn't as sensitive as a quiver

tip but will do the job :thumbs:

then theres the feeder tip piece this is good for barbel and bream

i think that that is probably the best thing to do

mike

mike finlay the carpinator

Hi Jay,

Like Mike said, I would suggest one of the Avon/quiver type rods eg. the 'John Wilson Avon Quiver'

It is a very popular rod which comes with two top sections.

1. A normal top for float fishing or touch legering

2. A Quivertip top for ledgering.

It can handle hooklengths from as low as 1.5 lbs up to lines of around 7lb so it can be used for catching Roach, Chub, Perch, Bream and modest Barbel and Carp and is around the nearest to an all round rod you can get.

The newer ones come with a screw reel fitting, unfortunately I have two older versions of the rod so mine suffer from the classic 'reel falling off the rod' syndrome.

There are other recent forum posts which ask the same question; so have a browse through them to see what others have recomended

Tight Lines

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Bold Bear,

If you know anyone with one of those racing bikes with extraordinarily skinny tyres you could scrounge an old inner tube from them (they always have lots! ! !).

A 25mm section cut from the old tube should slide over your rods' butt and retain the reel seat almost as well as a modern screw fitting

I have been using this on old sliding ring fittings for a very long time now,and I've not had a reel drop in the water for all that time. (If I drop one tomorrow I'll let you know )

Cyranne12,

ok Ill have a look to see what I can find in the shed, I think I might have one of those inner tubes somewhere,

thanks for the tip.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)