RSA Strategy Consultation Launched

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody good topic this, aint got nothing to do with the rsa consultation at the mo, who cares.

Wurzel, i haven't had time to reply 'cept you pdf link, what is your comment regarding the paragath under the highlighted; for cod stocks. Please. There is also quite bad news in the link with regards to the herring and prawn fisheries along with others.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Bloody good topic this, aint got nothing to do with the rsa consultation at the mo, who cares.

Wurzel, i haven't had time to reply 'cept you pdf link, what is your comment regarding the paragath under the highlighted; for cod stocks. Please. There is also quite bad news in the link with regards to the herring and prawn fisheries along with others.

Hello Barry

Of course it's always bad news they can't run a huge industry like fisheries management on good news.

It's not a good topic, it's the same old same.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Big difference surely is that people are paying into it and the reps truly there to represent their members, and not guys whose motives/beliefs /loyalties are unknown and not necessarily tied to the membership?

Is money the real big difference here, or is it the disconnect between what the reps believe and what the people they claim to represent do?

I don't know what backup Bertie Armstrong has but is it really all that big? An office, and a couple of secretaries by any chance? Unless im mistaken theres no permanent office for lobbying in Brussels and all the rest the greens enjoy.

As an example, how about spending some time thinking about this "Golden Mile" ? FWIW its something i could imagine being pulled off, but while idealistic RSA reps may kickstart the idea they are unlikely to have much say on the brakes once the big boys come in and run with it. Where do you imagine it would end up? ;)

Chris

Hi Chris

I guess the main difference is the commercials are fighting to save the livelihoods and for a lot anglers it's just an occasional hobby.

I still think Bertie has a lot of influence within the fisheries dept.

Re the Golden mile, I personally don't think it would benefit Scotland that much. I would prefer to see regions closed on specific conservation grounds with angling and environmentally friendly fishing practises allowed. These could be as big or small as needed to preserve the intended species or habitat. Personally i would like to see the whole of the Solway declared a MPA

I can't speak for the East Coast but on the west and south west coast a five mile ban wouldn't do any good because the stocks of Cod, Haddock and Whiting according to ICES are at the lowest ever recorded and there is no sign of any recovery. The spawning biomass has gone and there's nothing to replace them

I've said it many times before but in just 19 years 10 species can be considered locally extinct and a further 10 are caught only as as juveniles in the patch I fish. It would need vast areas closed to help the North Irish sea

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

[quote name='Ian Burrett' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:05 AM' post='795325

the stocks of Cod, Haddock and Whiting according to ICES are at the lowest ever recorded and there is no sign of any recovery. The spawning biomass has gone and there's nothing to replace them

I've said it many times before but in just 19 years 10 species can be considered locally extinct and a further 10 are caught only as as juveniles in the patch I fish. It would need vast areas closed to help the North Irish sea

This is not due to overfishing or discard, but due to migration, predation and mortality then.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Fishinsfine and Barry

Wires all tangled.

There is a big difference in discards of undersized fish and forced discard of larger marketable fish due to quota mismanagement, with the bass discard issue anglers do not seem to understand, believe, or comprehend that these trawlers are not targeting small bass they are catching bass of all sizes in a mixed species fishery a percentage of those bass are between 36 and 40 cm if the increase had gone ahead that percentage would have been discarded, that is a true fact

why do you all have a problem understanding that? The amounts and significant of bass to that fishery I can't comment on or whether a trawl can be rigged to eliminate that bass percentage of the catch with out loosing other marketable species.

Hi wurzel how are you? so would you agree that the only way to have some sort of control in a mixed fishery(or any other for that matter) is by cutting fishing effort drastically? ie days at sea perhaps like more what we they already have.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

This is not due to overfishing or discard, but due to migration, predation and mortality then.

Careful Barry, put words in the mouths of 'Fifth Columnists' and they'll start to believe it!!

<_<

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7146713.stm

Pleading continues. Are they at last conceeding that there is problems, but the scottish fisheries minister knows best for the stock or................. funny that as two weeks ago they were using disgard as a battering ram to get more quota, now they are saying they can get the discard down, voluntary. Couldn't they have just dealt with discard earlier or is there a brand new way of addressing it.

Another plan, which has been tried on a voluntary basis, involves Scottish fishermen who encounter too many juvenile fish simply stopping fishing in that area.

Koof me!!!

What a stroke of genius!

<_<

Of course, in their wisdom and should such regulations be applied, RSAs will be included; but then not many of us fish in Areas IVa/b.

:o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7146713.stm

Pleading continues. Are they at last conceeding that there is problems, but the scottish fisheries minister knows best for the stock or................. funny that as two weeks ago they were using disgard as a battering ram to get more quota, now they are saying they can get the discard down, voluntary. Couldn't they have just dealt with discard earlier or is there a brand new way of addressing it.

The whole focus is wrong, both Lochhead and commercial leaders have been on record as saying the 'cod issue' is detracting from the broader discussion, yet once again Lochhead is talking it all up based on cod.

Cod discards are but a small percentage (less than 2%) of all discards in Scottish waters which on the last released figures, were in excess of 500 million fish.

They don't even approach the 15+ million discarded by the west coast nephrops fishery.

Real time closures have been highlighted by Mr Lochhead as a leading measure, but no details have been released regarding how often they have been implemented or how effective they have been - we may get some insight when the following HOLYROOD parliamentary question is answered :-

S3W-7622 To ask the Scottish Executive how many real time voluntary closures of fisheries have been initiated since the inception of the scheme; how long each closure was in place; how many times any commercial impact zone has had two or more closures, and what quantities of fish were discarded before any such closures were implemented.

Answers are expected by 21/01.

www.ssacn.org