RSA Strategy Consultation Launched

We are just anglers so "we know nothing". We hear that argument a lot. It isn't actually true though. The fact is that I KNOW that there aren't the fish around my local beaches that were there when I was a kid. That's not my imagination, or me looking back through rose tinted glasses, it is a fact. I know they used to be there, because I've eaten them, and I know they are not there now. So we look for explanations. To say I can't differentiate between valid and invalid scientific reports is a bit libellous but we'll let that pass. Do you have any objection to reports produced by ICES, who are paid to advise the EU? I am not aware that they have any hidden "green agenda". Pick any and read it, for example (although they are all equally depressing)

Cod in Subarea IV (North Sea), Division VIId (Eastern Channel), and Division IIIa (Skagerrak)

During the last five years an average of 83% (87% in 2006) of the international landings in numbers consisted of juvenile cod aged 1 3. Because the fishery is at present so dependent on incoming year classes, fishing mortalities on these year classes is high, and 95% of a year class is taken before it has spawned for the first time.

You don't need to be a marine biologist to understand that this is a stupid way to manage a fishery. Even a "know nothing" angler like me can work that out.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are just anglers so "we know nothing". We hear that argument a lot. It isn't actually true though.

Now I,d question that see. Unless you are in the industry and know how it works, what regulations there are and how to take market opportunities when they happen then that means you dont now anything about fishing at all.They call me 'Beamer' at work, as I drive an 08 Series7 like. Not many get to make that much cash outa bass and soles like I do. To do that you gota know yer onions like. Now how ta hold on yer catch till the markets right for it.Nothing tikles me more than ta see you hobby horse blokes cringin about there bein no fish about.

Yer gotta now exsatly when to shuk yer pees see!

When you nos what I nose, there aint no reason ta be claimin any benefits like.

You bisness types and bankers and stuff wont have any livin left when the goverment sort this lot out.

Itll only be me and a few fisherfolks left who can feed emselves and families like.

As fer them blokes in white coats they dont know anythin at all and no one believes em anyhow eh.

Let us have our oats and enjoy our lives see.

Bluddy liberty thinkin you can stop an onest bloke earnin a wage from whats left see.

'Beamer'

Now I,d question that see. Unless you are in the industry and know how it works, what regulations there are and how to take market opportunities when they happen then that means you dont now anything about fishing at all.They call me 'Beamer' at work, as I drive an 08 Series7 like. Not many get to make that much cash outa bass and soles like I do. To do that you gota know yer onions like. Now how ta hold on yer catch till the markets right for it.Nothing tikles me more than ta see you hobby horse blokes cringin about there bein no fish about.

You bisness types and bankers and stuff wont have any livin left when the goverment sort this lot out.

Itll only be me and a few fisherfolks left who can feed emselves and families like.

As fer them blokes in white coats they dont know anythin at all and no one believes em anyhow eh.

Bluddy liberty thinkin you can stop an onest bloke earnin a wage from whats left see.

'Beamer'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tit

Cracking first post, taken you 13 months to think that one up I see, not the brightest are you

Edited by bobdurauntti

Problem with the JonS post is it is in the wrong section. How aboat asking the mods to move it to the non-fishing forum under the heading, have a laugh? :) There also doesn't appear to be a post with a seal clapping, that's what they do when they heap praise on themselves, so you can't post it there then, unfortunatly. Welcome by the way. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

'Beamer'

Hi Beamer

Where are you from then

steve

Problem with the JonS post is it is in the wrong section. How aboat asking the mods to move it to the non-fishing forum under the heading, have a laugh? :) There also doesn't appear to be a post with a seal clapping, that's what they do when they heap praise on themselves, so you can't post it there then, unfortunatly. Welcome by the way. :)

Hi Barry

Sounds like an angler having a laugh to me, farmer Giles, or is it Farmer Boyce and the green green grass lol

steve

Our frends calls me Beamer .You can call me Mr Beamer if you dont mind. I be from Kernow.

Aint got much time fer you other southern sofhearted womens handed fishers.

I aint much time anyway tonite before Is out with me flashlight and pitchfork fer some o those tasty sewins what has a habit ere.I as a right ol game with them gamekippers yer no.

what be an RSA anyow?

Oyll be back ....

Jon

We are just anglers so "we know nothing". We hear that argument a lot. It isn't actually true though. The fact is that I KNOW that there aren't the fish around my local beaches that were there when I was a kid. That's not my imagination, or me looking back through rose tinted glasses, it is a fact. I know they used to be there, because I've eaten them, and I know they are not there now. So we look for explanations. To say I can't differentiate between valid and invalid scientific reports is a bit libellous but we'll let that pass. Do you have any objection to reports produced by ICES, who are paid to advise the EU? I am not aware that they have any hidden "green agenda". Pick any and read it, for example (although they are all equally depressing)

Cod in Subarea IV (North Sea), Division VIId (Eastern Channel), and Division IIIa (Skagerrak)

You don't need to be a marine biologist to understand that this is a stupid way to manage a fishery. Even a "know nothing" angler like me can work that out.

Hello CollinW

Nobody has ever denied that there are less fish around your local beaches, I presume you mean cod. It's the explanations that we don't agree on.

ICES do have some sort of connection with the greens the skate and ray fiasco proved that also they have been proved wrong on several occasions.

During the last five years an average of 83% (87% in 2006) of the international landings in numbers consisted of juvenile cod aged 1 3. Because the fishery is at present so dependent on incoming year classes, fishing mortalities on these year classes is high, and 95% of a year class is taken before it has spawned for the first time.

What a "know nothing" angler like you can't work out is how can that be possible with the fishing effort we have at the moment.

I don't think that it would matter how big the adult stock of cod is the average landings in numbers consisting of juvenile cod aged 1-3 would always be high due to the fact that that is the size of fish easiest to catch, all fishing is dependant on incoming year class, no incoming year classes sooner than later no fish. I suppose it's more noticeable with cod because due to climate change incoming year classes don't happen very often these days especially in the southern North sea and channel.

With every body except anglers bending over back wards to ovoid catching cod at the moment it will be interesting to see how long the present better year class lasts, I bet it won't last any longer that any other year class and in 4 or 5 years time every body will be wondering where they have all gone, they won't be able to blame commercial fishing so perhaps they'll blame anglers.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Our frends calls me Beamer .You can call me Mr Beamer if you dont mind. I be from Kernow.

Aint got much time fer you other southern sofhearted womens handed fishers.

I aint much time anyway tonite before Is out with me flashlight and pitchfork fer some o those tasty sewins what has a habit ere.I as a right ol game with them gamekippers yer no.

what be an RSA anyow?

Oyll be back ....

Jon

Thought so Steve, unlicencd comme, cash merchant then ;) got to keep the restaurants happy somehow.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello CollinW

Nobody has ever denied that there are less fish around your local beaches, I presume you mean cod. It's the explanations that we don't agree on.

ICES do have some sort of connection with the greens the skate and ray fiasco proved that also they have been proved wrong on several occasions.

What a "know nothing" angler like you can't work out is how can that be possible with the fishing effort we have at the moment.

I don't think that it would matter how big the adult stock of cod is the average landings in numbers consisting of juvenile cod aged 1-3 would always be high due to the fact that that is the size of fish easiest to catch, all fishing is dependant on incoming year class, no incoming year classes sooner than later no fish. I suppose it's more noticeable with cod because due to climate change incoming year classes don't happen very often these days especially in the southern North sea and channel.

With every body except anglers bending over back wards to ovoid catching cod at the moment it will be interesting to see how long the present better year class lasts, I bet it won't last any longer that any other year class and in 4 or 5 years time every body will be wondering where they have all gone, they won't be able to blame commercial fishing so perhaps they'll blame anglers.

Hi Peter

With millions of anglers, alot of them beach anglers they have fished their own patches out, cannot catch them twice

As for skates and rays in my area there are loads and I have never ever seen so many small ones as what we got now

QUOTE/ I bet it won't last any longer that any other year class and in 4 or 5 years time every body will be wondering where they have all gone, they won't be able to blame commercial fishing so perhaps they'll blame anglers

They will be gone sooner rather than later, Uk commercials wont catch them no quota, anglers will wipe them out on the wrecks all 400,000 of them and other EU member states with their large quotas will do the rest along with the aggregate dredging companies taking away the cods breeding and feeding grounds

The thing is the UK beach angler cannot see whats going on just over the horizion they just blame what they can see from the beach, not themsevles but just afew whelk potters

steve