whats the wierdest thing....

starlight

that you have ever reeled or seen reeled in?

when i was a kid i hooked a big fish in our local river, it eventually snagged me up on the bottom. when i managed to get the hook free i reeled in a grotty pair of old Y fronts! :wacko: no joke!

another time i was fishing our local lake and my mate hooked a real heavy weight. he eventually landed an army parka! :D it gets worse! a kid who had been watching him haul it in shouted "if thats got an eagle stitched on the back its mine"! it had one! :blink: off home he went with it as happy as

larry! :D

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

a carrier bag that looked so much like a human head in the dark it really freaked me

Piking at the canal with half a mackerel Tail end and not even a sniff of a bite. Reeled in a leather footie missing a few bits full of mud must have weighed about 6lb. Stunk to high heavens.

Hi run Wharncliffe Fly Fishery near Sheffield with a friend of mine when one day as i was about to leave i noticed a guy bent into something and thought his rod was behaving oddly. I stopped to see what it was, saw him reach forward with his landing net but couldn't make out what it was, but it wasn't a trout. I could se him "messing" about with something so walked along to get a better look, my fishery didn't want him messing my fish about.

Anyhow turns out he had foul hooked a grass snake in the end of it's tail, and was scared of snakes! Un-hooked it for him and let it go none the worse for its encounter!

How many catch and return snakes can there have been in England?

A friend of mine was fishing on a misty morning and had a slow run on his Carp rod and Struck into it and hooked a Carp of around 10lb which had been dead for a while; and it was hooked right in the corner of its mouth.

Especially chilling on an old estate lake with a history of strange ghostly happenings.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

i once seen a cormarant take a live bait on my loacal

but ive onley ever caught shopping trolleys while out for congers ha ha

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

A friend of mine was fishing on a misty morning and had a slow run on his Carp rod and Struck into it and hooked a Carp of around 10lb which had been dead for a while; and it was hooked right in the corner of its mouth.

Especially chilling on an old estate lake with a history of strange ghostly happenings.

now that is weird! i will ask how did he know that it had been dead a while? the only explanation that i can think of is that the carp was very old, picked up the bait and the shock of feeling the hook pushed the poor old thing over the edge. then, it floated up off the bottom and got carried along in an undertow, hence the slow run, or one of its friends started nudging it along to try and wake it up. or your mate was using a real killer bait! :D certainly very hard to explain.

i once seen a cormarant take a live bait on my loacal

but ive onley ever caught shopping trolleys while out for congers ha ha

Mate of mine once had a mink pop up in his swim with his dead bait clamped between its jaws. Thankfully the mink managed to spit it out without hooking up on a treble. That's one beasty I would not fancy helping him unhook. :o

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Mate of mine once had a mink pop up in his swim with his dead bait clamped between its jaws. Thankfully the mink managed to spit it out without hooking up on a treble. That's one beasty I would not fancy helping him unhook. :o

C.

how would you unhook one of them! blimey, coots are bad enough :D