EU Fishery Talks......

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why you and others realy bother leon, i would let them get on with it and let the commercials fish themselves in to oblivion, mr shaw has proven what we all know what he is, a complete KNOBHEAD! Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

In a nutshell ....

Department for Environment, Food And Rural Affairs (National)

19/12/2007 08:57:21

(DEFRA) Shaw welcomes "fair" deal for UK in EU fisheries talks

Britain's fishermen will be able to earn extra days at sea under new conservation measures after the European Union (EU) backed UK proposals designed to protect cod stocks and reduce the amount of fish thrown back dead into the sea (discards).

UK Fisheries Minister Jonathan Shaw welcomed the support for an action plan to reduce discards which lets fishermen adopt tailored measures that work best for them.

Highlights for the UK include:

* 50 per cent increase in Rockall haddock quota.

* 11 per cent increase in North Sea cod quota.

* 5 per cent increase in Irish Sea haddock quota.

* 8 per cent increase in North Sea megrim quota.

Jonathan Shaw said:

"The UK has shown that its fishermen are committed to finding new ways of protecting vulnerable stocks. We wanted to avoid cuts to days at sea for our fishermen, but the overall deal that we achieved offsets some of those agreed.

"Today's agreement acknowledges efforts by our fishermen to find new ways to safeguard stocks and to prevent large amounts of the fish they catch having to be thrown back dead into the sea.

What an idiot!!!!!

:angry:

In a nutshell ....

Britain's fishermen will be able to earn extra days at sea under new conservation measures after the European Union (EU) backed UK proposals designed to protect cod stocks and reduce the amount of fish thrown back dead into the sea (discards).

UK Fisheries Minister Jonathan Shaw welcomed the support for an action plan to reduce discards which lets fishermen adopt tailored measures that work best for them.

Jonathan Shaw said:

"The UK has shown that its fishermen are committed to finding new ways of protecting vulnerable stocks. We wanted to avoid cuts to days at sea for our fishermen, but the overall deal that we achieved offsets some of those agreed.

"Today's agreement acknowledges efforts by our fishermen to find new ways to safeguard stocks and to prevent large amounts of the fish they catch having to be thrown back dead into the sea.

What an idiot!!!!!

Better to chuck them back over the side then?

If cod numbers are on the up, then logic says the numbers that will turn up in nets will also increase and therefore you need to increase the numbers they are allowed to land, or yet more get ditched dead? :rolleyes: unless of course your actuall aim is the ending of commercial fishing in Europe; replace with a nice playpark and rape the third world. As if!

Know much about Rockall then HA?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Better to chuck them back over the side then?

If cod numbers are on the up, then logic says the numbers that will turn up in nets will also increase and therefore you need to increase the numbers they are allowed to land, or yet more get ditched dead? :rolleyes: unless of course your actuall aim is the ending of commercial fishing in Europe; replace with a nice playpark and rape the third world. As if!

Know much about Rockall then HA?

11% cod increase will not stop fish being dumped now will it chris

Don't Know Stavey, but it will lead to less being dumped surely?

An estimated 800,000 tonnes of dead fish were thrown back into the North Sea last year.

Once the extra 11% has been caught (which wont take long) they will be dumping fish back in again and you must also consider that the extra effort that will be applied will lead to more undersized fish being dumped back as well, negating any benefits for anyone,. surely chris you are not that naive, perhaps you are! cheers.........

In a nutshell ....

Jonathan Shaw said:

What an idiot!!!!!

Thanks for posting the INCREASES H.A.....I see you failed to post the CUTS too? I thought you and the 'elite' were all for measures to cut discards,is this not a way forward then? The goverment and the EU seem to think so.

Thanks for posting the INCREASES H.A.....I see you failed to post the CUTS too? I thought you and the 'elite' were all for measures to cut discards,is this not a way forward then? The goverment and the EU seem to think so.

I can easily see where HA got the increased figures from, one site. But the minus figures are harder to get to unless you look around various web sites and news agencies at present.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Don't Know Stavey, but it will lead to less being dumped surely?

Would someone care to explain to me how increasing the total allowable catch will reduce the amount of fish dumped.

Hypothetically speaking, if the UK catch was c. 7,775 tonnes increasing that by 11% gives a new TAC of approx.8,630 tonnes which is an increase of 855 tonnes. Again hypotheticlly speaking, if we say that discards were in the region of 35% across the board (range of 20% to 70% (in some fine mesh fisheries - Prawns)), then based on 7775 tonnes the total removals by the UK fleet will have been around 10,500 tonnes. Given that there are no bans on discarding in place and that high grading will still occur, based on a new TAC of 8630 tonnes the new overall removals of cod in the Noeth Sea will be 11,650 tonnes, and increased removal of over 1,000 tonnes, at a time when the scientific community are stating lower removals are required to rebuild stocks. Muliply this throughout the north Sea for all European fleets and the total increased removals equates to approximately 5,000 tonnes more cod removed as a resuly in the 11% increase. So essex ron and Jaffa I await your explaination as to how this will not be the case.

I suspect your argument will be based on the closed areas and realtime closures, of which there is actually no evidence to date that there have been any, even the SFO can’t show any instances when such real time closures have occurred. Who’s conning who I wonder.