Your old fishing photos

Ken L

Rather than take the "Fishing as a lad!" down the photo route, I thought it might be nice to share a few photo's from yesteryear.

Aleady posted but this is a pic of me aged about 7 with what was probably my first middle Severn barbel. The second one is me (on the left) fishing one of the piers on the Isle of Wight circa 1977. My first decent bass (From Branscombe in Devon), and finally, me (on the left) and my brother with a couple of Branscombe thornies in about 1979.

post-558-1198270343_thumb.jpg

post-558-1198270453_thumb.jpg

post-558-1198270535_thumb.jpg

post-558-1198270652_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

When I came back from Germany in the 80's good old customs managed to loose 5 photo ajbums of mine.As such I have very few pics of me as a youngster.I would give anything to have those albums back again.I have one old "Polaroid" snap of me though that my Mum kept.I was around 15 and it was at a local water that I used to love.I will see if Andrew can put up a copy on here.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Bob you're doing it deliberatly to get me twiching. A mate of mine had a 17kg barra in India the other week and I'm just itching to get back out there and try to beat it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to scan in a few more old photos before then.

Budgie. I feel for you mate. Old photos aren't something you look at often but once they're gone they can't be replaced.

One of my jobs for this year is to scan a load of the photos and slides that I, my parents and other family members have and get them stored digitally. I'll then get them secreted away on half a dozen peoples hard drives and backed up on a solid state flash drive or two.

Should a flood, a fire or something similar ever happen to destroy the paper prints, at least the memories wont be lost forever.

I already have a mates family photo's on my machine as part of his insurance policy and it's not like they take up a lot of disk space.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Whatever happened to that slim young man with a fine head of hair? :P

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

The hair is still there but the head expanded with the rest of me and now you can only see the tips of a few of them.

:lol: I know the feeling Ken! Your right about the photos mate gone never to be replaced.

Mind you the ones Ive still got taken after I returned still tell a story! Was looking through one of the carp albums quite recently to try and ID a fish for a friend.Whilst looking I turned the page and there was one of him holding his first ever carp from the water in question,"Look!" I said "Martin when he still had hair!" He smiled dryly and pointed at a photo of me "Oh and Budgie when he still had a waist!"

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!