Highlight of 2007

coarsefish-torbay

Mine is an easy one and whilst I only managed about 5 days fishing all year make it all more special. Never caught a barbel before and decide to try a local tidy spot on the trent. Caught a brace of barbel within 40 minutes of setting up of 8 and 8lbs 8oz.

Very pleased.

i had two good fish this year a 8lb 3 oz bream from one off the local lakes and a 27lb 7 oz pike havent hit the tirty in two years but will keep on trying :D:D happy days

My highlights of 2007 (sorry I have 3!)

1: Wingham! This will probably end up being my fishing highlight of this millenium!

2: My bag of perch from the Thames last week

3: A great days trotting for dace with Anderoo in the autumn

Rich

I reckon my highlight of the year was my first time trying to catch a Barbel and actually doing it on the opening day of the season and a nice fish to boot!

Only glad it became a popular post.

Just booked my holiday for 2008; might be my highlight for next year is a Sri Lankan mahseer?

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

Ooh, lots! In no real order:

- the Wingham fish-in, amazing as always

- catching a (longed for) decent zander with an old friend back in the fens

- catching my first barbel on purpose with Jigotai from the river Lea

- managing to hook and land a pb chub in the driving rain on trotted flake in outragous conditions

- that day's trotting for dace with Rich Capper

The common theme is good company :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

My highlight of 2007 has come since this thread was started (I still think 'in seasons' so reckon this thread is 2½ months too early !). Anyways - I had my first 2lb+ roach for nearly 5 years yesterday. 2lb 1oz on trotted mag from the Kennet.

Well pleased.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Highlight for me was going to the USA with Budgie fishing in North Carolina and Washington D.C. and meeting Newt and Jan again and plus one or two trips in various fish ins around the country.

Hopefully will go back the USA next year

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/