For Those Astronomically Inclined...

Bobj

Was a great display earlier this evening in Brum.......super bright and tracked almost all the way across the sky right over head. Just seen it again but less bright and faded out half way across the sky.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Bob

Do you ever have a sniff around NASA Image Exchange (NIX)? There are lots of excellent images on there. This is a clip from an animation created from images from Spitzer

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 3 weeks later...
Been drooling over one for the past year....

However, I have this cannon:

I like your bucket too Bob, but one of these GPS equipped jobs would be brilliant for me as I could drive off to somewhere out of town to get away from the lights of Southampton and get myself set up for some decent sky watching. I'll just need to keep droolin'.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Carry it????

Standard: Starbright Coatings Optional: Starbright XLT Coatings Secondary Mirror Obstruction 3.75" by Area 12% by Diameter 34% Optical tube length 23 inches Telescope Weight 65 lbs Tripod/Mount Weight 19 lbs

Mine is fully transportable; it comes in two components, total weight- 59 lbs.

the ota fits on the back seat and the revolving stand sits in the tray of the Rodeo.

...And it's $3500 cheaper. :P

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

...And it's $3500 cheaper. :P
AU$ or US$??

Guest Brumagem Phil

28th and 29th november look to be the next best times to see the ISS.........very bright , straight up in the sky and a pass which looks like it goes almost from horizon to horizon! Lets hope for a crisp clear evening!