Goverment on a downer

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...g_vote%94_.html

Thought i'de just post this one and see what happens. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the 2 main parties are now so close together in policies my own vote will be based purely on their records regarding angling.

I know what party I won't be voting for!

P.S. That site tries to put a huge number of cookies on your computer! I blocked 13 attempts before giving up and simply blocked them all.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

This bit made me laugh or did i read it with a tear in me eye: 'Angling has clearly prospered under a labour govement and more money is going into the sport'.

Who is he trying to kid. What he really should be saying is that they haven't got their hooks into the rsa yet. What a load of cobblers. Anyone agrees with his comment?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
This bit made me laugh or did i read it with a tear in me eye: 'Angling has clearly prospered under a labour govement and more money is going into the sport'.

Who is he trying to kid. What he really should be saying is that they haven't got their hooks into the rsa yet. What a load of cobblers. Anyone agrees with his comment?

Yes I do.

More money is being spent by SFC,s and more money is being made available to local authority’s from central government to help establish and research by-laws that will be beneficial to anglers in the future.

When I say more money (funs) I mean more money (in real terms) than was ever made available through a conservative government

Yes I do.

More money is being spent by SFC,s and more money is being made available to local authority’s from central government to help establish and research by-laws that will be beneficial to anglers in the future.

When I say more money (funs) I mean more money (in real terms) than was ever made available through a conservative government

Come on Challenge, since when or what sort of by-law would be benificial to the rsa. Why do the rsa need more by-laws what are they doing wrong. What about the over ten metre by-law where the ssfc has threatend to take charter skippers to court for fishing inside the six mile limit. All that has done is to make that committee look like a laughing stock at the expence of the ratepayer all in the name of conservation, laugh a minute springs to mind. Just like Paul Whittall the other week, back from a charter trip and was boarded and all of his two boxes of whiting shared amongst ten rsa guys where checked, in the name of conservation? Your right about more money in a sence as the public sector borrowing has reached record hights, i can see this goverment going cap in hand to the general public to bail them out and to the international monetary fund, remember when that happend last. Still what goes around will come around.

Edited by barry luxton

Come on Challenge, since when or what sort of by-law would be benificial to the rsa. Why do the rsa need more by-laws what are they doing wrong. What about the over ten metre by-law where the ssfc has threatend to take charter skippers to court for fishing inside the six mile limit. All that has done is to make that committee look like a laughing stock at the expence of the ratepayer all in the name of conservation, laugh a minute springs to mind. Just like Paul Whittall the other week, back from a charter trip and was boarded and all of his two boxes of whiting shared amongst ten rsa guys where checked, in the name of conservation? Your right about more money in a sence as the public sector borrowing has reached record hights, i can see this goverment going cap in hand to the general public to bail them out and to the international monetary fund, remember when that happend last. Still what goes around will come around.

Hello Barry

It seems RSA are getting some of their own medicine.

Are you saying that anglers should not have their catches checked for undersized fish in the same way as commercials do?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Barry

It seems RSA are getting some of their own medicine.

Are you saying that anglers should not have their catches checked for undersized fish in the same way as commercials do?

Evening Wurzel,

At who's expence, to both those lines. In the name of conservation? I was told that they put a tape to each individuall fish. Is that what they do on a commercial inspection.

Hello barry

I don't know what the banning of boats over 10 meters in that area inside 6 miles is about.

Yes any fish that look close to the MLS are measured and all boxes are checked,

First you are asked what your target fishery is then the net meshes are measured to make sure they comply to that fishery then the catch is checked to make sure you have not exceeded the by catch rules for that fishery, normally about 5% of the total catch, the last time I was boarded they even asked for a builders plan of the fish room, your licence is checked and any variations to that licence are in place (variations drop through the post almost daily most don't apply but they still have to on board) an inspection can take up to 2 hours just for my little operation.

So a charter party just having their catch checked is not much in comparison, but who knows what’s in the future for anglers?

Edited by wurzel

I fish to live and live to fish.

Evening Wurzel,

At who's expence, to both those lines. In the name of conservation? I was told that they put a tape to each individuall fish. Is that what they do on a commercial inspection.

Hi Barry, its a couple of decades since i did any fishery inspections, but from Wurzels account all that has changed is that they ask for even more details. We used to measure the net, measure every fish in a random box, or even every fish in every box if we had cause to suspect something.

IME compliance from the commercials was actually extremely good. There was always the odd chancer but they were few and far between. But it was an easy and cheap thing to do (bit like speeding cameras i guess) so its the obvious thing to do.

Its expensive and difficult to find and prosecute boats that are fishing in eg the wrong area (golden mile fanboys will no doubt have an answer to that one ? ) , or are dumping at sea for quota or business reasons.

60% of the commercial fleet that apparently gave reason for those daft inspections has now gone but i assume the government organisation is still very much intact. I can't see how its anything else other than anglers that will give them a reason for being.

Wurzel, asking for building plans is new to me though. I can understand why they might want them but do they have the power to demand that now?

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net