Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

I see that NOBODY is concerned with the fact that not one of the mobile companies would sign a letter. I think this has something to do with mobile phone technology, which happens to be a multibillion industry in this country!

I wonder if they and the government know something we don't!

Smoking brings in money to the government, and they are now prepared to lose the income that comes with it! :blink::blink:

I wonder how much the mast licence costs and how much this technology is worth to the government? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No business would ever sign a letter giving a blank cheque for the future. If that were the case there would now be no industry, liability is something which is always assessed after the facts are proven, when the quantum of damages can be properly assesed.

I sense the arguments in favour of a smoking ban in public enclosed spaces is getting more and more desperate.

The government made billions when they sold the 3g licences. Other than that the folk that make money from masts are the freeholders of the property on which the masts are sited.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nick,

The telephone manufacturers have had petitions, letters from hospitals, letters from Councils etc.

They keep INSISTING that these mast are "Completely safe"

On a number of occasions the planning departments have refused them planning rights. What do they do? Appeal higher and higher until they do get permission! In the latest case a company proceeded to build DESPITE the planning department sending them a letter saying planning permission has been refused! Their excuse? The letter "was't WORDED right"!!

So people don't want them, planning departments don't want them, yet they continue to build - do you mean to honestly tell me that the government doesn't know about what's going on, yet does nothing! WHY?

this is just another anomoly in the whole system. All the smokers want is there own space!

Nick - I am a NON-SMOKER!! Yet I can see that the smokers have had a raw deal!! Something is not right!! We are not being told something! Why did they ban smoking outright istead of sharing which would have kept everyone happy!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Nick,

The telephone manufacturers have had petitions, letters from hospitals, letters from Councils etc.

They keep INSISTING that these mast are "Completely safe"

On a number of occasions the planning departments have refused them planning rights. What do they do? Appeal higher and higher until they do get permission! In the latest case a company proceeded to build DESPITE the planning department sending them a letter saying planning permission has been refused! Their excuse? The letter "was't WORDED right"!!

So people don't want them, planning departments don't want them, yet they continue to build - do you mean to honestly tell me that the government doesn't know about what's going on, yet does nothing! WHY?

this is just another anomoly in the whole system. All the smokers want is there own space!

Nick - I am a NON-SMOKER!! Yet I can see that the smokers have had a raw deal!! Something is not right!! We are not being told something! Why did they ban smoking outright istead of sharing which would have kept everyone happy!

They have not banned smoking. Simply banned smoking in public enclosed spaces. They reasons have been reiterated time and time again on this thread. It is about health.

You may be a non-smoker I don't honestly care.

The simple fact of the matter is that smokers are now a small minority group in the UK. Yet until very recently they have polluted the air in enclosed spaces despite the huge amounts of compelling evidence that secondary smoking causes harm. Now they have simply been given the same choice that the non-smoking majority have been given for ever. You can come in here and breathe what we like to breathe, and if you don't like that then stay outside.

They can still practise their foul disgusting lethal habit to their hearts content. They just cannot inflict it on the rest of us.

If you feel that is unfair then tough, who ever said life was fair.

But tell me this do you honestly approve of a small vocal minority dictating when and where you are allowed to go, and what you are allowed to do? I don't and don't know of many other people that do either. I was effectively banned from virtually all public houses unless prepared to compromise my health. I occasionally ventured into pubs, but never without a ventolin inhaler with me. I couldn't take the risk. As a lifelong asthmatic I know that the thing that triggers an attack for me far more often than anything else is cigarette smoke. I can now venture almost anywhere I like without taking my life in my hands.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Nick, do you imbibe? What would happen if the pubs opened for food only and you weren't allowed to drink indoors at a pub! Drinkers, I think you will find are a minority (after they reach their 30s).

Do you play snooker, darts or any other minority sport and you were told, that you could not play it unless there was the same "allowances" as the smokers!

And don't give me this guff about smoking being a "special" case because it is "lethal"!

We are not little babies that have to be told what to do - the smokers are all (hopefully) old enough for them to make up their OWN minds,and not have an arbitrary decision forced on them!

The non-smokers rabidly defend this decision, which, if you cared to step back and look at it objectly,

is insane. So prisoners in jail have more rights than the average hard working, adult, law abiding person!

OK then everyone that smokes can go and commit a crime and be sent to jail - JUST to be allowed to have his fag in peace!!!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Nick, do you imbibe? What would happen if the pubs opened for food only and you weren't allowed to drink indoors at a pub! Drinkers, I think you will find are a minority (after they reach their 30s).

Do you play snooker, darts or any other minority sport and you were told, that you could not play it unless there was the same "allowances" as the smokers!

And don't give me this guff about smoking being a "special" case because it is "lethal"!

We are not little babies that have to be told what to do - the smokers are all (hopefully) old enough for them to make up their OWN minds,and not have an arbitrary decision forced on them!

The non-smokers rabidly defend this decision, which, if you cared to step back and look at it objectly,

is insane. So prisoners in jail have more rights than the average hard working, adult, law abiding person!

OK then everyone that smokes can go and commit a crime and be sent to jail - JUST to be allowed to have his fag in peace!!!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

You may not be a smoker but I'm sure you are on something!

How difficult is it to understand the basic underlying principle that smokers directly impact all around them. Not if they then choose to do another action. Simply by the act of smoking a cigarette.

And please read this next line carefully.

SMOKING IS NOT BANNED, SMOKERS CAN STILL SMOKE WHEN AND PRETTY MUCH WHERE THEY LIKE.

Just not where it's likely to have an impact on other people - public enclosed spaces.

And none of your ridiculous arguments can change that.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I haven't been following this thread, as I don't smoke and I have no interest in smoking. However, I've just clicked on the last page to see this.

In all my living days (and I know I'm only a mere snip of a lad at 36), I have never walked into a pub and had alcohol forced into my body, unwillingly, by random strangers.

It would have been a lot cheaper, granted, but I just must have frequented the wrong pubs :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

SMOKING IS NOT BANNED, SMOKERS CAN STILL SMOKE WHEN AND PRETTY MUCH WHERE THEY LIKE.

Nick.

And my answer to that is B*LLSH*T.

They can't smoke in a pub,

They can't smoke at the Legion,

They can't smoke at Bingo,

They can't smoke at a WMC,

They can't smoke in arcades,

They can't smoke at the bookies,

They can't smoke in a hotel,

They can't smoke in a shop.

Do you want me to carry on?

The insult that I "am on something" I will accept, What I am on is "common sense" and proud to be on it.

What are you on, making a STUPID statement like that?

Edited by kleinboet

Nick.

And my answer to that is B*LLSH*T.

They can't smoke in a pub,
true
They can't smoke at the Legion,
false
They can't smoke at Bingo,
false
They can't smoke at a WMC
, false
They can't smoke in arcades,
true
They can't smoke at the bookies,
false
They can't smoke in a hotel,
partially true
They can't smoke in a shop
. 99.9% true

Do you want me to carry on?

The insult that I "am on something" I will accept, What I am on is "common sense" and proud to be on it.

What are you on, making a STUPID statement like that?

Aye carry on if you want. It's far simpler to just admit that smoking is simply banned in public enclosed spaces, so that one persons drug habit is not inflicted on another. Why you have such difficulty accepting the truth of that I do not know.

So you CAN smoke "at the legion" just not "in the legion". There is a very important difference.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

1. Nick, do you imbibe? What would happen if the pubs opened for food only and you weren't allowed to drink indoors at a pub!

2. So prisoners in jail have more rights than the average hard working, adult, law abiding person!

3. OK then everyone that smokes can go and commit a crime and be sent to jail - JUST to be allowed to have his fag in peace!!!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

1. If I went around spraying non-drinkers with my drink, I'd expect to be banned from doing that. What a silly comparison you make, Kleinboet.

2. No they don't. They can't do the vast majority of things law-abiding people can do. Prisoners can smoke in their cells, as smokers can smoke in their homes. That's it.

3. Why on earth would any sane person do that? What on earth are you talking about, Kleinboet? Smokers don't have to go to jail to smoke in peace. They can do so in their homes, on the street, in the countryside, in their car, in their garden, and pretty much everywhere else where it won't affect others. YOU think about it.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

With your "false" May I ask what you are on" Ask someone from the legion, ask someone who PLAYS bingo, Brenda is a member of the Legion and it is now strictly NO SMOKING,

Show me ONE BIT of legislation exempting these buildings !!

Your making them up!

YOU ARE IN TOTAL DENIAL!!!!!

According to the governments OWN enactment, smoking is banned in ALL public buildings, with the exception of the Houses of Parliament, and prison!

Security is given for the Houses of Parliament, I don't know why prisoners are allowed to smoke (but that will be a whole new thread!