Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yo...ire/7180097.stm

Good on the man. He has my full backing. With the modern rantings about 'rights' , why should smokers have their rights violated and be forced out onto the street and look like leppers?

I actually saw the above on our local / regional news (Look North) and a NON-SMOKER agreed with the idea of the landlord.

What actually IS the bigger picture to this law? Is it the health & safety exec flexing it's new found muscles?

Anyhoo , good on the landlord , lets have more like him.

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

trouble is its good for the government ,they need the fines to put in their pension black holes

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

why should smokers have their rights violated and be forced out onto the street and look like leppers?

It's a wonder we haven't heard of the police moving them on for loitering in a public place. I do feel sorry for the guys who are standing outside shops, pubs, workplaces, polluting our atmosphere (oops finger slipped there) don't know if anyone could have done more to segregate or increase air conditioning to prevent this farce from happening. Still it's given lots more jobs for the boys, inspectors and their pension funds as well. Hmmmmmmm 6000 checks in leeds alone.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Before the ban came into force, the topic came up regularly in many of the pubs I visit, and the general view even amongst non-smokers was that the ban should not be forced on us. The landlord in the pub I normally go to even spent £5,000 on an extractor system, now it's useless. He's had to spend another few grand on external heaters in the garden even though most of the heat immediately dissipates into the atmosphere. His takings are down by about 20% now, as many smokers (myself included) would rather buy beer from the offy or the supermarket and drink at home.

Of course, we must pander to the noisy minority mustn't we :angry:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Before the ban came into force, the topic came up regularly in many of the pubs I visit, and the general view even amongst non-smokers was that the ban should not be forced on us. The landlord in the pub I normally go to even spent £5,000 on an extractor system, now it's useless. He's had to spend another few grand on external heaters in the garden even though most of the heat immediately dissipates into the atmosphere. His takings are down by about 20% now, as many smokers (myself included) would rather buy beer from the offy or the supermarket and drink at home.

Tis a shame, but it's all tax deductable, apart from his loss of takings. I am one of the rare non- winging ex smokers, even now i can have a whiff and say, 'cor i could fancy one of those'

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What puzzles me is , why ?

To what real goal will it ACTUALLY serve?

Who exactly are the minority?

Have the government done their sums correctly? Have they accounted for the probable stopping of , say , 1 million smokers quitting due to the ban. Lost revenue in tax from the cigs would be enormous , aswell as the lost revenue from pubs / clubs would be huge.

I can sort of understand the reason for the ban (sort of) , but why would the government attempt to bite one of the hands that feed them? Is there a bigger picture that i'm not seeing here?

I'll be the first to agree that smoking is filthy habit that costs a fortune to feed , but , as a smoker i choose to do it and put my hand in my pocket and pay the money for em.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

It's the loss of takings that have helped the landlord make up his mind to sell up. Even though it's my regular pub, I've only been in there 3-4 times in the past 3 months, normally I'd be in 2-3 times a week. The other pubs I've been in (usually in the city centre when I've been out shopping) have all complained about a drop in takings, the promise of "more non-smokers will visit now we have the smoking ban" just hasn't happened.

I can see the point in having non-smoking areas (especially where food is consumed), but to force smokers outside in the p*ssing rain is just too much.

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

..........the promise of "more non-smokers will visit now we have the smoking ban" just hasn't happened.

Was that not just a smoke screen at the time. :lol:

Was that not just a smoke screen at the time. :lol:

:headhurt:

John S

Aye , that's a good point John S.

Where are the non smokers that were waiting for the ban so that they could come rushing through the doors to order their pint in a smoke free pub / club? Moaning that their local is empty and dosen't have the atmosphere it used to have , no doubt.