longleat

benny

Hi,

Has anyone fished longleat lakes (inc shearwater) I want to do a 24 hr session there. I know the top lake has the biggest carp in but wondered which lake was best for runs. Lots of low doubles with the chance of a bigger fish thrown in! Any advice

Bringing it back to the top, it would be nice if someone could help :)

And welcome to AN Benny :) Despite appearances we really are a helpful lot, bue we just need a nudge sometimes to get started

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I have spent time whist on holiday on these lakes and enjoy fishing both

Shearwater is solid with fish and almost impossible not to catch. if you after carp, bream can be a nuisance but all methods work. Carp probably average 8Lb

good floater fishing off the dam wall in the evenings

dont know alot about the top lake at longleat but the one near the car park is full of fish. when pole fishing for roach they get bullied off by the bream and then the bream get bullied off by carp and then you lose a carp and the swim goes quiet for about 2 mins before the circle starts again . great fishing in stunning surroundings on both lakes. not so sure nightfishing is allowed

good tackkle shop in Frome (on the radstock road )for more info (Alan Haines) very helpful but maybe a bit match orientated for a carper

Are we talking about Longleat as in Centre Parcs?

If so I will try and dig up some stuff on it because I did fish it a bit while I was on holiday there.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

The bailiff bloke there told me there are some stonking perch in the bottom (mixed) lake, but that nobody ever lure-fishes for them, and the carp get to worms long before the perch do :)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.