Still here

gilbo

Thought I would just pop in and say hello to everyone - not posted for an age! :o

Been very busy and starting to look towards Spring when I will dust off my kayaks. Not much of a cold weather kayaker.

April and May will be out from South Cornwall around the Gorran / Caerhayes area.

:)

Thought I would just pop in and say hello to everyone - not posted for an age! :o

Been very busy and starting to look towards Spring when I will dust off my kayaks. Not much of a cold weather kayaker.

April and May will be out from South Cornwall around the Gorran / Caerhayes area.

:)

Hi Gilbo,

Its been very quiet on here lately I think everybody is still asleep for the winter months. Hoe all is ok I hope to arrange another trip sometime but with a 1 year old daughter time is not often available.

ChrisW

Its been very quiet on here lately I think everybody is still asleep for the winter months./quote]

au contraire, we're pretty busy when the wind slows but we're pretty much all on a different site and consequently tend not to post in duplicate for the same readership. We're mostly agreed it's a shame as Elton was very kind in starting the kayak-angling forum but its evolution I guess. I was putting trip reports up in here but can't post enough photos in a thread so that put me off. Tomorrow is my 8th launch of the year hopefully as I've had two weeks where it hasn't been easy to get afloat.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Will do, on Saturday! Not fishing though it's too poor. Me and the lad are going to blow the cobwebs away off Seasalter, paddle up the estuary for a couple of hours with the tide, and then return on the high.

Weather looks good, and he has got to try his new dry suit out! Can't wait.

[

I was putting trip reports up in here but can't post enough photos in a thread so that put me off.

So, rather than say anything.... :D

Did that book ever arrive that I arranged for you?

atb,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Ian, Chris,

Hope alls well with you and your families,

I was thinking of taking a quick trip down south next weekend. Won't be expecting too many fish

(not sure whats catching down there at the moment)

Shout when the weathers good enough and time permits,

Cheers,

Chaz

So, rather than say anything.... :D

Did that book ever arrive that I arranged for you?

atb,

Elton

Elton, sorry yes the book did arrive after a while and I read it a second time this week. I need to go through once more with a notepad. Overall it seems a very concise and comprehensive easy to use guide to kayaking. Some issues with it regarding the fishing side but it's a worthy book I reckon. I will get myself in gear and get a review up soon. My humble apologies sir, red-faced and all that!

The thing with the posts is that without the photos they don't work. Frankly catching (like today) 5 fish (Dace, Roach, Pike, Chub, pike) in a river is not worthy of a post but comes alive with pics. There are around 15-20 I guess for today's sojourn on the river. Trouble is I can only get a few up, then fiddle and fiddle until i can tack some on and then after a week you have one reply because no bugger is here to read it anyway so it gets quite demoralising. hence I tend to just check here every day to see if I can help on peoples questions instead. it's sad really as this was the first site I came to when I decided to buy a yak.

Hi Mark,

The maximum number of images per post was set to 15. I've now increased this to 25.

This forum gets tens of thousands of visitors per day. One of the things about growing big is that it can be intimidating for new posters to contribute, but I would urge you to give your catch reports a chance.

Even if you just cut and paste them, that's a few more people who will read about kayak fishing :)

I think what this forum needs, and I've said this in private for a long while, is a couple of 'forum leaders', like the photography forum has. If you fancy it, give me a shout.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Cheers for upping the photo's Elton, much appreciated. I've added all this year's trip reports.

Even if you just cut and paste them, that's a few more people who will read about kayak fishing :)

Good point, and the reason I write them!