Seven Myths about Incapacity Benefit

YakDiver

"The skills that had been taught and learned in the manufacturing industries, went to the wall. Workers who had skills and pride in their work, were forced to take low paid, unskilled, repetitive jobs, with no future and very little incentive other than paying the bills."

Manufacturing went to the wall because the could not compete in the global market . The workforce had outpriced itself , no doubt in order to pay the crippling taxes imposed on them and a life style which waasnt capable of support. The crippling taxes that are supporting this welfare dependent country

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard people say that Thatcher, tamed the unions, but Scargill and co were not the unions, they were just the mouth pieces, who lived lifestyles that were far removed from the 'ordinary' members.

It was the workers, the ordinary people that were 'tamed', (though broken would be a better term).

Is it so hard to see how this would effect large sections of the work force, and the 'knock on' effect on their families?

I saw first hand the dirt, illnesess, hardship, deprivation not just in the south wales mines but around the pits as well, that was before scargill started playing games, Fortunatly that period has gone, that is why i agreed with Rabitts post. I also saw the power of the unions and did not like what i saw. The majority of the subsidised industries were eventually 'ruined' and it wasn't just the power of the government of the day that caused it. To that end we should be more fit and healthy, are we.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Manufacturing went to the wall because the could not compete in the global market . The workforce had outpriced itself , no doubt in order to pay the crippling taxes imposed on them and a life style which waasnt capable of support. The crippling taxes that are supporting this welfare dependent country

If you believe that was the main reason, then you are even more gullible than your posts suggest.

The manufacturing base of this country, posed a threat to the then government. This threat was quashed, and the money that was earned from North Sea oil and gas was used to make sure that the threat never surfaced again. So called 'Golden handshakes' handed out in installments, but no jobs. It could have been used to keep the wheels of industry turning, by rebuilding the infrastructure of this country, and upgrading the ancient machinery, that hampered output. But what was wanted, was a toothless, sterile workforce, that was easy to manipulate, this they got.

A jobs market that consists mainly of relatively unskilled vacancies, is much easier to control, you don't need apprentices to learn the job, just a 6 weeks course and 'bingo', another one waiting in line to fill the job if you don't tow the 'company line'. Don't question, don't think for yourself, just do as your told, or else!

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yoxer, In your rabid desire to be controversial, you have gone COMPLETELY off topic!

What has this bilge got to do with IB today?

I would be interested to know about all these "doddles" you say you know to get full time IB!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

"The manufacturing base of this country, posed a threat to the than government.2

Really ?? and just what threat have you imagined that to be ?

the threat to that governments stability it was crapping itself in the end the people chose to elect a new government for better or for worse

Edited by rob.imk2

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

"the threat to that governments stability it was crapping itself in the end the people chose to elect a new government for better or for worse "

ahhhhhh that threat . So the government thought ...oh hold on we had better destroy the countries manufacturing base and then people will like us and vote us back into office. Yes, its all starting to make sense now isnt it , it had feck all to do with manufactures not being able to compete in a global economy after all.

"The manufacturing base of this country, posed a threat to the than government.2

Really ?? and just what threat have you imagined that to be ?

Maybe I should have said, the workers in those industries posed the threat, sorry.

You forgotten about the Heath Government? Thatcher was making sure that it couldn't happen again.

Kleinboet, it is only partially off topic, in that yoxer was asking why we thought that so many Idle B*****ds (his definition of IB), were claiming today.

His gullibility shows in his acceptance of media hype, his belief that clinical depression is just being 'fed up', and that anyone can claim IB without having medical proof, oh and his fondness for continually using stereo-typical people and situations to try and make a point.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John