Seven Myths about Incapacity Benefit

YakDiver

ha ha the bullshitter awakes : . figures figures figures these cannot be manipulated can they so it must be true its a bbc news item so it must be true and we all know what investment banker rhymes with .

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Of course fraud exists, as it undoubtedly does throughout the tax and benefit systems, but there is no evidence that it is widespread with IB"

You mean you cant even quote a reference as to that statement ?

Half a million people under 35 claiming Incapacity Benefit. Im presuming these figures are correct until disproved. Has the population of Britain changed so much over the past two decades to justify this surge?

the trouble is that most employers pay scant regard to helping people with long term conditions get back into work, much eaiser to get fit young east european workers than have to go through the bother and expense of employing disabled people.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

"the trouble is that most employers pay scant regard to helping people with long term conditions get back into work, much eaiser to get fit young east european workers than have to go through the bother and expense of employing disabled people"

too right they do . With all the endless bureaucracy and over taxation heaped upon employers do you think they want another liability to their business ? and given the choice between a fit young east european worker or a local worker , its the east european every time , and not because they are cheaper to employ but generaly they have what is known as a work ethic that seems to be sadly lacking in the native population.

Yoxer - As usual, You are WAY off topic!!

We are talking about IB, not global economies.

As far as figures go, I would trust government figures as far as I could throw the Houses of parliament!!

Yes, there are fraudsters, and the people that report them to the authorities are the IB recipients themselves!!

The fraudsters are usually not told by their doctors that their IB is not permanent. (Heart by-passes etc.) I know a lot of people (including myself) who would WILLINGLY swap places with people that moan about them, if the could swap their disabilities with them as well!

There was a judge who was forced to step down because her unusual punishments "were against peoples human rights" What did she do? those caught and charged with parking in a disabled zone were made to wear an arm or leg brace for a day so they realise what it is to be disabled!

She was, unfortunately, forced to step down.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription